PDA

View Full Version : IFR from CQX (Chatham, MA)

Andrew Gideon
August 27th 06, 06:33 PM
I see that CQX has a clearance delivery frequency, so IFR ops there
apparently don't require a phone call to FSS (excluding the filing, of
course).

But when IFR out of KCDW, I can expect release delays because CDW
departures are treated with lower priority than TEB, EWR, and probably MMU
departures. What kind of delays would be expected departing from CQX?

I'm trying to decide, assuming the weather permits, if I'd be better at
CQX (more convenient for me) or HYA.

Thanks...

Andrew
http://flyingclub.org/

Denny
August 29th 06, 04:33 PM
IFR flight plan is filed as received.. Your filing will go into the
hopper in order no matter what field you use... What might get you is
the the scheduled carriers are prefiled... SO, your best plan is to
file for the desired IFR departure time EARLY....

denny

Google