PDA

View Full Version : Looking For The Person Selling POH CD's

NW_Pilot
September 3rd 06, 02:03 AM
A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
contacting the person!

Thanks In Advance

John R. Copeland
September 3rd 06, 04:44 AM
"NW_Pilot" > wrote in message . ..
>A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
> from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
> know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
> contacting the person!
>
> Thanks In Advance

Could you be looking for www.esscoaircraft.com?
I've bought printed manuals from them, but I don't know if they sell CDs.

NW_Pilot
September 3rd 06, 05:44 AM
"John R. Copeland" > wrote in message
.. .
"NW_Pilot" > wrote in message
. ..
>A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
> from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
> know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
> contacting the person!
>
> Thanks In Advance

Could you be looking for www.esscoaircraft.com?
I've bought printed manuals from them, but I don't know if they sell CDs.

Nope not essco, The person I guess was scanning POH/PIM's and making PDF
files out of them and selling them on CD/DVD

I have some that I found on some MFG's websites like maule and socata and I
would like to have some reading material on other makes and models of
aircraft. I also buy as many diffrent POH/PIM's as I can find on ebay it
really helps in the ferry business.

Matt E
September 3rd 06, 06:35 AM
Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
quality flight manuals online. Here are two:

www.esscoaircraft.com

Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.

www.techmanualdepot.com

E-manuals and CBT software - good prices

Happy Flight Simming !

Javier[_1_]
September 3rd 06, 01:41 PM
Matt E wrote:
> Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
> quality flight manuals online. Here are two:
>
> www.esscoaircraft.com
>
> Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.

They also have manuals on CD, I've bought the service and parts manuals
for my Skylane from them that way. The scans are of good quality, very
readable.

-jav

Ray Andraka
September 3rd 06, 06:57 PM
Matt E wrote:
> Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
> quality flight manuals online. Here are two:
>
> www.esscoaircraft.com
>
> Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.
>
> www.techmanualdepot.com
>
> E-manuals and CBT software - good prices
>
> Happy Flight Simming !

There's this one which has service and parts manuals for cherokees. Not
sure if he's got others:
http://cherokeeowner.com

NW_Pilot
September 4th 06, 08:37 AM
"Javier" > wrote in message
> Matt E wrote:
>> Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
>> quality flight manuals online. Here are two:
>>
>> www.esscoaircraft.com
>>
>> Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.
>
> They also have manuals on CD, I've bought the service and parts manuals
> for my Skylane from them that way. The scans are of good quality, very
> readable.
>
> -jav

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SERVICE OR PARTS MANUALS!!!

Roger[_4_]
September 4th 06, 10:17 AM
On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:03:32 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
> wrote:

>A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
>from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
>know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
>contacting the person!

Ahhh... except for old airplanes the POH is aircraft serial number
specific. These would make a good reference, but I doubt they'd be
considered legal documents to serve the point of carrying the poh in
the airplane..

>Thanks In Advance

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Paul Tomblin
September 4th 06, 02:18 PM
In a previous article, Roger > said:
>On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:03:32 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
> wrote:
>>A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
>>from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
>>know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
>>contacting the person!
>
>Ahhh... except for old airplanes the POH is aircraft serial number
>specific. These would make a good reference, but I doubt they'd be
>considered legal documents to serve the point of carrying the poh in
>the airplane..

No, but they're good to have at home as reference if you're a renter and
going to check out in a new type of plane. I just ordered a 1973 Cessna
182 POH from them because the local FBO has a 1973 and I plan to check out
in it.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...

Ray Andraka
September 4th 06, 06:23 PM
NW_Pilot wrote:
> "Javier" > wrote in message
>
>>Matt E wrote:
>>
>>>Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
>>>quality flight manuals online. Here are two:
>>>
>>>www.esscoaircraft.com
>>>
>>>Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.
>>
>>They also have manuals on CD, I've bought the service and parts manuals
>>for my Skylane from them that way. The scans are of good quality, very
>>readable.
>>
>>-jav
>

> I AM NOT LOOKING FOR SERVICE OR PARTS MANUALS!!!

Sheesh, no need to yell. I was just stating that I was able to get P&S
manuals from this guy, and that he MIGHT have other manuals. I think I
did see either a POH or an AFM on his site.

NW_Pilot
September 4th 06, 10:26 PM
"Roger" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:03:32 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
> > wrote:
>
>>A Long time ago there was a Person selling CD's/DVD's with Copies of POH's
>>from almost all General Aviation Aircraft Singles and Twins. Dose anyone
>>know where this guy went? Been searching usenet archives with no luck in
>>contacting the person!
>
> Ahhh... except for old airplanes the POH is aircraft serial number
> specific. These would make a good reference, but I doubt they'd be
> considered legal documents to serve the point of carrying the poh in
> the airplane..
>

>>Thanks In Advance
>>
> Roger Halstead (K8RI & ARRL life member)
> (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
> www.rogerhalstead.com

Reference Is all I am wanting them for! My POH collection from buying on
ebay is rather bulky and I dont have much storage space to keep all them I
would rather have them in computer format.

Matt E
September 5th 06, 05:25 AM
POH CDROMS:

Outside of eBay, there are several sources for
quality flight manuals online. Here are two:

www.esscoaircraft.com
Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.

www.techmanualdepot.com
E-manuals and CBT software - good prices

B A R R Y[_1_]
September 5th 06, 11:43 AM
Matt E wrote:

> www.esscoaircraft.com
> Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.

I can second these guys.

I picked up a a "not legal for flight" home reference copy of my POH,
and I'm very satisfied.

jmk
September 5th 06, 03:18 PM
B A R R Y wrote:
> Matt E wrote:
> > www.esscoaircraft.com
> > Paper manuals - quick shipping - good service.
>
> I can second these guys.
> I picked up a a "not legal for flight" home reference copy of my POH,
> and I'm very satisfied.

I've used them a number of times, and they seem to work okay. It is
very much a "what we've got, take it or leave it." A couple of orders
resulted in copies with substantial unreadable sections. They happily
replaced them - with more unreadable copies. It was clear that the
originals were defective, which I understand, but it was also clear
that they weren't even bothering to look at the original or the copies
- just pull one off the shelf and send it out.

There is an "Avantext" (or some similar name) that has higher quality -
at a higher price.

Private
September 5th 06, 08:28 PM
"NW_Pilot" > wrote in message
. ..

> Reference Is all I am wanting them for! My POH collection from buying on
> ebay is rather bulky and I dont have much storage space to keep all them I
> would rather have them in computer format.

Perhaps you should be looking for a scanner. I have a light flatbed scanner
that connects via USB and does not require a power brick. You could use
such a scanner to scan all the POH and other materials to which you have
access to your laptop. You can edit this material and burn it to a CD for
your own use and perhaps for sale. Use CAUTION regarding the sale of
copyrighted material.

Happy landings,

NW_Pilot
September 6th 06, 01:24 AM
No, don't have the time to do that!

"Private" > wrote in message

> "NW_Pilot" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Reference Is all I am wanting them for! My POH collection from buying on
>> ebay is rather bulky and I dont have much storage space to keep all them
>> I would rather have them in computer format.
>
> Perhaps you should be looking for a scanner. I have a light flatbed
> scanner that connects via USB and does not require a power brick. You
> could use such a scanner to scan all the POH and other materials to which
> you have access to your laptop. You can edit this material and burn it to
> a CD for your own use and perhaps for sale. Use CAUTION regarding the
> sale of copyrighted material.
>
> Happy landings,

Google