PDA

View Full Version : Best propeller shops

George Sconyers
September 4th 06, 03:11 PM
My Hartzell 3-blade propeller (way less than 2400 TBO hours, but at 6 years
since new) is due for overhaul and I am looking for the names of propeller
shops that owners on this group have found to be the best they have dealt
with in the past. Those closest to St. Louis, MO are preferred. Typical
costs for for a base overhaul and whatever extras you had to pay for on a
72" 3-blade, constant speed, or similar prop, would be much appreciated for
shopping comparison purposes. Also if anyone has utilized Hartzell's or an
overhaul shop's exchange program, I would sure like to know how that worked
out.

Thanks in advance,

George Sconyers
2000' Piper Saratoga

Jim Burns[_1_]
September 4th 06, 03:18 PM
They aren't cheap, but they are good.
http://hcsweb.com/maxwell/
Jim

Ron Natalie
September 5th 06, 01:34 AM
George Sconyers wrote:
> My Hartzell 3-blade propeller (way less than 2400 TBO hours, but at 6 years
> since new) is due for overhaul and I am looking for the names of propeller
> shops that owners on this group have found to be the best they have dealt
> with in the past. Those closest to St. Louis, MO are preferred. Typical
> costs for for a base overhaul and whatever extras you had to pay for on a
> 72" 3-blade, constant speed, or similar prop, would be much appreciated for
> shopping comparison purposes. Also if anyone has utilized Hartzell's or an
> overhaul shop's exchange program, I would sure like to know how that worked
> out.\

I can highly recommend that you stay away from the Hartzell factory shop
at all costs. Hartzell will take any excuse to deface your props and
make them officially never-again serviceable. Actually, I've had good
luck with the Sennsenich shop in Lancaster (yes, they will work on the
Hartzell props).

Google