PDA

View Full Version : B-RNAV with GNS430

Daniel Hofer
September 1st 04, 09:51 AM
Hello

a question again;-)

Our PA34 with two Garmin GNS430 is certified for B-RNAV (RNP5)
I can't find any information about the source signal.
Does the GNS430 calculate RNAV information only from its GPS-signal or can
it also get information from the VOR/DME?

Does anybody know something about that?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

Mike Rapoport
September 1st 04, 04:12 PM
The 430 calculates its position soley from GPS when in GPS mode and soley
from VLOC when in VLOC mode and it does not have any input from DME.

Mike
MU-2

"Daniel Hofer" > wrote in message
> Hello
>
> a question again;-)
>
> Our PA34 with two Garmin GNS430 is certified for B-RNAV (RNP5)
> I can't find any information about the source signal.
> Does the GNS430 calculate RNAV information only from its GPS-signal or can
> it also get information from the VOR/DME?
>
> Does anybody know something about that?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Daniel

Google