PDA

View Full Version : IFR route BOS - IAD?

Peter MacPherson
September 3rd 04, 04:33 PM
Anybody know of an IFR route that you've used to go
from the Boston area(just south of Boston) to the Baltimore
area(Dulles)? I always seem to get routed up to the north
or they want to send my out over the water. When VFR I'm
always given direct JFK, then turn when past JFK. The TEC
route is V44 over the water.

TIA,
Pete

Jonathan
September 4th 04, 01:19 AM
I've not gone as far as IAD, but the few times i've flown from nashua nh
(ASH) to Philly (PNE) i've gotten v16 over long island, then V229 south
from there. (even though I filed for west of NY.)
Perhaps if you file v16 you'll have better shot at getting that instead of
V44
-Jonathan
"Peter MacPherson" > wrote in message
> Anybody know of an IFR route that you've used to go
> from the Boston area(just south of Boston) to the Baltimore
> area(Dulles)? I always seem to get routed up to the north
> or they want to send my out over the water. When VFR I'm
> always given direct JFK, then turn when past JFK. The TEC
> route is V44 over the water.
>
> TIA,
> Pete

Michelle P
September 4th 04, 05:46 AM
Pete,
CCC V16 over JFK at 6000 down the coast. Head to BAL ( baltimore) you
will be given a radial off BAL and vectors the rest of the way.

Michelle

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Google