PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance Airmap 100 GPS

Larry
September 22nd 06, 03:47 PM
Hello Fellow Pilots.

I recently purchased a used GPS unit and reading through the manual.
Still have some basic problems how to develope a Way List and then
setting up a Route from it. I tend to get lost in the flowchart. Does
anyone have a simplified list of steps which may help me along? Thanks.

Larry

Larry
September 23rd 06, 03:25 PM
May have solved my #1 problem. When setting up the "way list" for
planning purposes, one needs to be in the "Route planning" mode not
"Nav' mode.

Larry
Larry wrote:
> Hello Fellow Pilots.
>
> I recently purchased a used GPS unit and reading through the manual.
> Still have some basic problems how to develope a Way List and then
> setting up a Route from it. I tend to get lost in the flowchart. Does
> anyone have a simplified list of steps which may help me along? Thanks.
>
> Larry

Kyle Boatright
September 23rd 06, 05:03 PM
"Larry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> May have solved my #1 problem. When setting up the "way list" for
> planning purposes, one needs to be in the "Route planning" mode not
> "Nav' mode.

Bingo. I was tempted to post some suggestions for you, but my Airmap 100 is
at the airport, and without it in my hand I was afraid I'd mislead you. My
experience is that the Lowrance isn't as user friendly as some of the
competitive products, although it does have a very good feature set for the
money.

> Larry
> Larry wrote:
>> Hello Fellow Pilots.
>>
>> I recently purchased a used GPS unit and reading through the manual.
>> Still have some basic problems how to develope a Way List and then
>> setting up a Route from it. I tend to get lost in the flowchart. Does
>> anyone have a simplified list of steps which may help me along? Thanks.
>>
>> Larry

Google