PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Blue Book

September 24th 06, 12:54 AM
Hello, anyone out there have a fairly recent Aircraft Blue Book, I
would like to know the value on an aircraft. Tried looking it up on
aopa's vref since I'm a member but the plane wasn't in the drop down
menu. Can't call the finance company I'm using since it's Saturday. I
know, patience Danielsan....

Thanks,
Dave

Montblack[_1_]
September 24th 06, 02:29 AM
wrote)
> Hello, anyone out there have a fairly recent Aircraft Blue Book, I would
> like to know the value on an aircraft.

A hint might get the ball rolling...

What plane? Features? Hours? Condition? Location?

Montblack

September 24th 06, 02:45 AM
Montblack wrote:
> wrote)
> > Hello, anyone out there have a fairly recent Aircraft Blue Book, I would
> > like to know the value on an aircraft.
>

> A hint might get the ball rolling...
>
> What plane? Features? Hours? Condition? Location?
>

> Montblack
It's a 72 Socata Rallye model MS 894A 1192 ttaf 886 smoh Narco at50a
transponder, Narco nav 122D, Narco com 810, PS engineering pma 7000B
audio panel, 7 int 7 ext.
Located in the upper midwest.

Thanks,
Dave

Marty Shapiro
September 24th 06, 03:19 AM
wrote in
oups.com:

> Montblack wrote:
>> wrote)
>> > Hello, anyone out there have a fairly recent Aircraft Blue Book, I
>> > would like to know the value on an aircraft.
>>

>> A hint might get the ball rolling...
>>
>> What plane? Features? Hours? Condition? Location?
>>

>> Montblack
> It's a 72 Socata Rallye model MS 894A 1192 ttaf 886 smoh Narco at50a
> transponder, Narco nav 122D, Narco com 810, PS engineering pma 7000B
> audio panel, 7 int 7 ext.
> Located in the upper midwest.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

I don't think there are enough Rallye's left in the U.S. for them to appear
in the blue book. The last time I looked at the FAA data base there were
around 93 of ALL models in the U.S. I forget if that count included the
Koliber, which is the Polish version of the Rallye 150.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)

Montblack[_1_]
September 24th 06, 06:05 AM
("Marty Shapiro" wrote)
> I don't think there are enough Rallye's left in the U.S. for them to
> appear in the blue book. The last time I looked at the FAA data base there
> were around 93 of ALL models in the U.S. I forget if that count included
> the Koliber, which is the Polish version of the Rallye 150.

<http://www.airport-data.com/manuf/S.o.c.a.t.a..html>
Yup, 93.

<http://www.airport-data.com/search/search2.html?field=model&search=Search&code=S.o.c.a.t.a.+MS894A>
Model MS894A

Montblack

Marty Shapiro
September 24th 06, 09:06 AM
"Montblack" > wrote in
:

> http://www.airport-data.com/search/search2.html?field=model&search=Sear
> ch&code=S.o.c.a.t.a.+MS894A

Thanks. That data base is easier to search than the FAA data base.

In looking through the FAA data base, several of the listed Rallye's do not
have a valid Airworthiness Certificate and some are flagged as "status in
question".

I did find a 235E advertised for sale, but this is a step up from the
MS894A for which the OP was seeking price information. The 235E for sale
is at http://www.global-air.com/global/g06171.htm

For the OP: The big difference between the 894A and 235E is the engine.
The 894A has the Franklin 220 HP engine, while the 235E has the Lycoming O-
540 B4B5 235 HP engine. Both are the "heavy" airframes and come with 2
hardpoints on each wing, so you can hang all sorts of interesting stuff if
you want. Some countries in Latin America used them as light
fighter/bombers.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)

Ron Wanttaja
September 24th 06, 05:13 PM
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:06:17 GMT, Marty Shapiro >
wrote:

> In looking through the FAA data base, several of the listed Rallye's do not
> have a valid Airworthiness Certificate and some are flagged as "status in
> question".

Hmmmm...if that's the FAA Registration Database you're looking at, the code
you're referring to (column 253) refers to the *registration* status of the
aircraft, not the airworthiness of it. The airplane could be perfectly
airworthy, but the owner may not have been keeping his address up to date with
the FAA.

Ron Wanttaja

Marty Shapiro
September 24th 06, 07:23 PM
Ron Wanttaja > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:06:17 GMT, Marty Shapiro
> > wrote:
>
>> In looking through the FAA data base, several of the listed Rallye's
>> do not have a valid Airworthiness Certificate and some are flagged as
>> "status in question".
>
> Hmmmm...if that's the FAA Registration Database you're looking at, the
> code you're referring to (column 253) refers to the *registration*
> status of the aircraft, not the airworthiness of it. The airplane
> could be perfectly airworthy, but the owner may not have been keeping
> his address up to date with the FAA.
>
> Ron Wanttaja

It could very well be that it refers only to the registration status.

There are two different warnings which I've noticed. Both start with a
warning page stating "This aircraft's registration status may not be
suitable for operation.".

For an aircraft undergoing a change in owner, N302RA for example, the data
page shows the registered owner's name as "SALE REPORTED" and a status of
"In Question". It also shows the date for A/W under "Airworthiness"

For N344RA, the data page shows a status of "Revoked", and the
"Airworthiness" section is blank. I interpreted this to indicate the
aircrft no longer had an airworthiness certificate, but can see where the
"Revoked" refers only to the registration.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)

Ron Wanttaja
September 24th 06, 09:06 PM
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:23:58 GMT, Marty Shapiro >
wrote:

> Ron Wanttaja > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:06:17 GMT, Marty Shapiro
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> In looking through the FAA data base, several of the listed Rallye's
> >> do not have a valid Airworthiness Certificate and some are flagged as
> >> "status in question".
> >
> > Hmmmm...if that's the FAA Registration Database you're looking at, the
> > code you're referring to (column 253) refers to the *registration*
> > status of the aircraft, not the airworthiness of it. The airplane
> > could be perfectly airworthy, but the owner may not have been keeping
> > his address up to date with the FAA.
>
> For an aircraft undergoing a change in owner, N302RA for example, the data
> page shows the registered owner's name as "SALE REPORTED" and a status of
> "In Question". It also shows the date for A/W under "Airworthiness"
>
> For N344RA, the data page shows a status of "Revoked", and the
> "Airworthiness" section is blank. I interpreted this to indicate the
> aircrft no longer had an airworthiness certificate, but can see where the
> "Revoked" refers only to the registration.

Yes, there is a separate column in the raw database called "Air Worth Date",
which I suspect is the date an airworthiness certificate was originally issued
for that aircraft. N344RA, as you say, is blank in this column, but I see it is
still registered to Rallye Aircraft Corporation. Six other Rallyes are also
blank. Hard to say what happened, but the registration database isn't perfect,
especially when the aircraft were built in the dawn of the digital database era.

It looks like that column isn't updated, while others ("Last Action
Date","Certificate Issue Date") are.

Column 253 of the Aircraft Master file includes the registration status of the
aircraft, with a single-digit code that translates as follows:

A - The Triennial Aircraft Registration form was mailed and has not been
returned by the Post Office
E - The Certificate of Aircraft Registration was revoked by enforcement action
M - Aircraft registered to the manufacturer under their Dealer Certificate
N - Foreign companies which have not returned their flight hour reports
R - Registration pending
S - Second Triennial Aircraft Registration Form has been mailed and has not been
returned by the Post Office
V - N-Number Assigned and Registered
X - Enforcement Letter
Z - Permanent Reserved
1 - Triennial Aircraft Registration form was returned by the Post Office as
undeliverable
2 - N-Number Assigned – but has not been Registered
3 - N-Number assigned as amateur-built - but not yet registered
4 - N-Number assigned as import - but not yet registered
5 - Reserved N-Number
6 - Administratively canceled
7 - Sale reported
8 - A second attempt has been made at mailing a Triennial Aircraft Registration
form to the owner with no response
9 - Certificate of Registration has been revoked

If you see these terms in the database you're looking into, that column covers
registration status.

Ron Wanttaja

Marty Shapiro
September 24th 06, 09:27 PM
Ron Wanttaja > wrote in
:

Thank you!

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)

Robert M. Gary
September 25th 06, 06:01 PM
wrote:
> Hello, anyone out there have a fairly recent Aircraft Blue Book, I
> would like to know the value on an aircraft. Tried looking it up on
> aopa's vref since I'm a member but the plane wasn't in the drop down
> menu. Can't call the finance company I'm using since it's Saturday. I
> know, patience Danielsan....

Patience, when buying an airplane? That's like waiting for Monday for
Christmas because Santa doesn't work weekends!

-Robert

Google