PDA

View Full Version : knowledge test passed, on to accelerated training

September 14th 04, 07:17 AM
Well I'm sick of Martha King now but managed to get a 97 today on the
exam. In three weeks, I'm going to be working on my rating in a ten
day accelerated course.

I think the accelerated course was a wise choice for me because I know
my cost reasonably well up front and am glad to know that I won't be
stringing this along for the next six months.

I have approach plates that I'll be flying and plan to practice flying
them on FlightSim 2004. I've started this already and it's fun...but
maybe I'm teaching myself bad habits? If I am, I'm hoping that I'm
still learning a lot too and bad habits can be un-learned.

I also have the Comm1 IFR course on CD which I think will help me get
acquainted to IFR-speak on the radio.

Will I be tired after each day of studying and flying and probably
exhausted by day 10? Is that a reasonable guess?

Is there any IFR software that you recommend for a beginning
instrument student? Any advice and words of wisdom are welcome.
Thanks! -Eric

Marc
September 15th 04, 01:08 PM
I think Flightsim 2004 helps knowing what the approaches look like, for
example for circle to land approaches you have a good idea of how to enter
the traffic pattern after the instruments approach. IT definitely is good
practise in my opinion.

Marc
PP/IA/ASEL
ATC

> a écrit dans le message de news:
> Well I'm sick of Martha King now but managed to get a 97 today on the
> exam. In three weeks, I'm going to be working on my rating in a ten
> day accelerated course.
>
> I think the accelerated course was a wise choice for me because I know
> my cost reasonably well up front and am glad to know that I won't be
> stringing this along for the next six months.
>
> I have approach plates that I'll be flying and plan to practice flying
> them on FlightSim 2004. I've started this already and it's fun...but
> maybe I'm teaching myself bad habits? If I am, I'm hoping that I'm
> still learning a lot too and bad habits can be un-learned.
>
> I also have the Comm1 IFR course on CD which I think will help me get
> acquainted to IFR-speak on the radio.
>
> Will I be tired after each day of studying and flying and probably
> exhausted by day 10? Is that a reasonable guess?
>
> Is there any IFR software that you recommend for a beginning
> instrument student? Any advice and words of wisdom are welcome.
> Thanks! -Eric

Google