PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Altimeter brand names?

September 27th 06, 08:26 PM
In the continuing saga of my altimeter woes, I've discovered that
my current unit has been forced into obsolecense. It's a Macleod unit,
and most overhaul places say they won't touch them. The guy who did the
IFR cert says, "Buy a brand name like United or Kollsman."

Any thoughts on one vs. the other?

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *

September 28th 06, 03:03 AM
Buy a united.
You can probably get a good used one from a salvage yard for a couple of
hundred dollars.
They are pretty much bullet proof.

wrote:
> In the continuing saga of my altimeter woes, I've discovered that
> my current unit has been forced into obsolecense. It's a Macleod unit,
> and most overhaul places say they won't touch them. The guy who did the
> IFR cert says, "Buy a brand name like United or Kollsman."
>
> Any thoughts on one vs. the other?
>
> -Cory

tony roberts[_1_]
September 28th 06, 05:27 AM
Aircraft Spruce are pretty reliable and their prices are competitive.
Why not see what they are selling and then Google?

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL