PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern....

Bob Gardner
September 20th 04, 08:50 PM
I did not realize that if I replied to a cross-posted message my reply would
also be cross-posted. Cheeezz!!

I'm Bob Gardner and I approved this message.

Richard Russell
September 20th 04, 08:55 PM
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:50:19 -0700, "Bob Gardner" >
wrote:

>I did not realize that if I replied to a cross-posted message my reply would
>also be cross-posted. Cheeezz!!
>
>I'm Bob Gardner and I approved this message.

Depends upon your software. Some ask you if you want to reply to the
original newsgroup only or all of them that it was posted to.
Rich Russell

Dan Luke
September 20th 04, 09:28 PM
"Bob Gardner" wrote:
in message ...
> I did not realize that if I replied to a cross-posted message my reply
would
> also be cross-posted. Cheeezz!!

Don't feel too bad: I knew better and did it anyway. Doh!
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Joe Johnson
September 20th 04, 10:49 PM
Hey Bob,

Your many fine contributions (both on usenet and in print) entitle you to a
few trivial missteps...

Icebound
September 21st 04, 01:50 AM
"Bob Gardner" > wrote in message
> I did not realize that if I replied to a cross-posted message my reply
would
> also be cross-posted. >

Its just that nobody looks up to the headers when replying. The "to"
newsgroups are entered automatically in most composers, and all you have to
do is remember to look up there and remove the ones you don't want.

Icebound
September 21st 04, 01:50 AM
"Bob Gardner" > wrote in message
> I did not realize that if I replied to a cross-posted message my reply
would
> also be cross-posted.

Its just that nobody looks up at the headers, when replying.

Most composers enter the newsgroups automatically and you have to remember
to look up there and remove the ones you don't want.

If your composer does not show the headers, there should be an option
somewhere (like under the "view" menu item) which allows you to default so
that all headers are always in view.

Google