PDA

View Full Version : dodged another one!

Michelle P
October 6th 06, 05:17 PM
Well the latest Lycoming Crank AD is out.
I dodged another one. Looks like 1995 was a good year for IO-540s!

Wonder if I will be so lucky in the future.

Michelle P

Bob Noel
October 6th 06, 11:16 PM
In article .net>,
Michelle P > wrote:

> Well the latest Lycoming Crank AD is out.
> I dodged another one. Looks like 1995 was a good year for IO-540s!

tis a good feeling...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

October 7th 06, 05:30 AM
On 6-Oct-2006, Michelle P > wrote:

> Looks like 1995 was a good year for IO-540s!

I believe the bad crankshafts were manufactured beginning in 1997.

We got a factory rebuilt IO-360-C1C6 that was shipped just prior to Lycoming
identifying the problem with the crankshafts on these engines. Fortunately
for us, they just happened to use an older, reconditioned (to new specs)
crankshaft on ours. If we had opted for a new engine instead of a rebuilt,
we'd probably be grounded waiting for a NEW new crank.

-Elliott Drucker

Google