PDA

View Full Version : Free entertainment purchasing an airplane!

wise purchaser
October 8th 06, 01:53 PM
Greetings!

I have been looking to purchase an airplane and have noticed a side
note during the search : Entertainment!

When I talk to some perspective seller, as they tell me about thier
'creampuff' airplane I am at the SAME time loading the DATA of thier
airplane into Vref or the NAAA valuator (located on trade -a plane's
web site).

With SMUG PRIDE, they tell me they want 25+ grand for the
airplane but when I tell them that Vref or NAAA states the plane is
only worth 13 or 14 grand they go insane!

They get angry, foaming at the mouth, bad mouthing Vref and NAAA on
and on and on!

It's AMUSING! I am starting to have FUN!

Another Fun thing to do is when they try to pawn off a TOP 'overhaul'
when I tell them Vref or NAAA will provide no credit for the REPAIR
they go insane again!

When they try to pawn off an 'engine overhaul' done by Fred the A&P, I
ask them if the Acessories( Mags, Carb, Vac pump, Alternator,etc,
the engine mounts/rubber changed, engine mount sent out for inspection
overhaul? we're done at the same time??

They get meek and very quiet! you GOT THEM! then you find out the
Acessories have THOUSANDS of hours on them! never done! so much for
the 'overhaul'

Acessories going bad can kill you just as fast as an engine outage
and they can cost BIG BUCKS to repair and overhaul ( now you see why
the owner did not send them out during the engine 'overhaul' ) not to
mention the LABOR to R and R them.

And they think they should get TOP DOLLAR for the airplane !

Another fun thing is telling them that you are going to get the
Airplane Appraised FIRST before you even look at the airplane ( it cost
about 300 bucks but is WELL worth it!! : do a google search for more
info )

As far as I am concerned that sets the value! If he disagrees then he
gets an appraiser then we split the Difference.

That's when they go into high ORBIT! and I start to laugh that's
real entertainment!

The Visitor
October 8th 06, 03:51 PM
Yep, all that goes on. Selling these airplanes can be a good source of
income for "some people". Finding the right deal easily can take months.
It took me about seven or eight months. Hey when I put on factory
remans, I did the accessories also! It seemed like the thing to do. And
yes, that does add up. Not everybody does it but it sure is nice.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve Foley[_2_]
October 8th 06, 08:38 PM
"wise purchaser" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Greetings!
>
> I have been looking to purchase an airplane and have noticed a side
> note during the search : Entertainment!

I seems like you're window shopping, and whining about prices.

Why do you expect someone to treat you civilly when the first words out of
your mouth are laughing at the asking price?

The best part of this whole story is that the aviation community is small.
People learn quickly that you're kicking tires and not really interested in
buying.

The best deals to be had are never advertised. They go by word of mouth.

You've put yourself out of that loop.

Have a nice life.

kontiki
October 8th 06, 10:46 PM
What do you expect? Someone to knock on your door and say:
"I know you are looking for an airplane... a *really* nice one too
and I know you don't want to pay very much money for it and I'd
like to sell you mine... but first I'm going to rebuild the engine
at Penn Yann then have all new radios installed and a new interior.
How does say, $10,000 sound? Is that too much, okay how about $5000?
Still too much? Okay, I'll pay you $5000..."

Kyle Boatright
October 9th 06, 12:40 AM
"kontiki" > wrote in message
> What do you expect? Someone to knock on your door and say:
> "I know you are looking for an airplane... a *really* nice one too
> and I know you don't want to pay very much money for it and I'd
> like to sell you mine... but first I'm going to rebuild the engine
> at Penn Yann then have all new radios installed and a new interior.
> How does say, $10,000 sound? Is that too much, okay how about $5000?
> Still too much? Okay, I'll pay you $5000..."

The guy is a troll. The only thing he wants is to get people wound up....

Google