PDA

View Full Version : x-country partner needed eastern north carolina

October 11th 06, 03:00 AM
hello

I am an instrument pilot with 180 hours, I am looking
for someone to split some x-country time, working towards the 250 hour
mark.I have purchased 50 hours block time in a cessna 172 at KEWN,New
Bern, N.C.
The money works out roughly $44 per person, including
fuel. I can fly mostly on weekends or after 5PM on weekdays.
I apologize if this isn't exactly IFR related except
for the fact that one of us will have to wear a hood to make this
legal. E-mail me at arnis at pamlico dot net thanks

pgbnh[_1_]
October 11th 06, 05:57 PM
If the intent here is to achieve the 250 mark for a commercial rating, I
think using the tactic of flying under the hood so one pilot can BE PIC and
the other can LOG PIC violates at least the intent of the reg if not the
letter. (if I have misunderstood your plans please accept my apologies). If
you are willing to bend the rule this far, why not just record time in your
log book that you did not fly?
> wrote in message
ups.com...
> hello
>
> I am an instrument pilot with 180 hours, I am looking
> for someone to split some x-country time, working towards the 250 hour
> mark.I have purchased 50 hours block time in a cessna 172 at KEWN,New
> Bern, N.C.
> The money works out roughly $44 per person, including
> fuel. I can fly mostly on weekends or after 5PM on weekdays.
> I apologize if this isn't exactly IFR related except
> for the fact that one of us will have to wear a hood to make this
> legal. E-mail me at arnis at pamlico dot net thanks

Google