PDA

View Full Version : Re: JPI EDM700 v EI UBG16 - comments?

Matt Barrow
October 14th 06, 02:00 PM
"Peter" > wrote in message
> Hi

[....]
> On paper, the EI version looks a lot better, but I have never met
> anybody who has one. They claim more rugged probes in particular.
>
> Any views would be much appreciated.
>
> As an aside, wasn't there a big lawsuit in this department, some years
> ago?

Point: EI has (reputedly) great customer service; JPI has arrogant CS. All
other things being equal, I'd give the nod to EI on that alone.

As to probes, how plausible does their claim seem? Is it substantiated in
their literature, or is it merely subjective marketing hype?

It was the probes that led me to install a Reiff engine heater rather than a
Tanis. YMMV!

Google