PDA

View Full Version : ILS PRM approaches

Riddler
October 28th 04, 04:53 AM
How much seperation do you get on final? Is there a standard? I know
that the runways are like 4200 feet or closer together... and I know
that seperation before and while turning to final is something like 3
miles or 1000 feet vertical... but is there any separation criteria
while going down the glidepath itself?

Thanks

October 28th 04, 12:10 PM
Same concept as simultaneous independent parallel ILS approaches except
with reduced widths. The theory is that the rapid update PRM radar makes
up for that, combined with the fact you have to be trained to
participate.

Riddler wrote:

> How much seperation do you get on final? Is there a standard? I know
> that the runways are like 4200 feet or closer together... and I know
> that seperation before and while turning to final is something like 3
> miles or 1000 feet vertical... but is there any separation criteria
> while going down the glidepath itself?
>
> Thanks

G Farris
October 28th 04, 12:37 PM
Yes. I think it's 3000' for ILS-PRM and as little as 700' for SOIA.
If you plan to be doing either of these you will need specific training - the
answers you get here don't count!

G Faris

Google