PDA

View Full Version : VFR to IFR Cost for KLN 89B

Skip Guimond
November 16th 04, 04:04 PM
I recently purchased an aircraft with a KLN 89B installed with VFR
restrictions. Can anyone give me a "guesstimate" on the cost of
adding the necessary equipment and labor to have the unit certified
for IFR flight?

Thanks--

Skip Guimond

C Kingsbury
November 16th 04, 05:24 PM
IFR certification requires a CDI and annunciator box. Check eBay for prices
on these, my guess is no more than $1000 for both depenind on what kind of
CDI you get.

The average for a fresh IFR install seems to be running in the neighborhood
of $3000 these days without any kind of autopilot connection. Assuming the
install of the unit is otherwise IFR-quality I suspect you're looking at
something closer to $2000 to IFR-ify it.

-cwk.

"Skip Guimond" > wrote in message
om...
> I recently purchased an aircraft with a KLN 89B installed with VFR
> restrictions. Can anyone give me a "guesstimate" on the cost of
> adding the necessary equipment and labor to have the unit certified
> for IFR flight?
>
> Thanks--
>
> Skip Guimond

Google