PDA

View Full Version : Re: Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Juan Jimenez[_1_]
November 11th 06, 03:48 PM
Why not do one yourself? If it's an HP4700 it runs Windows for PDA's and
should support both Java and .NET. I can send you some code to get started,
at one point I was doing a clone of the one Sporty's sells (the handheld
dedicated one with the terrible screen). I don't have time to deal with that
anymore. Needs work, but it's a starting point if you're interested.

"Peter" > wrote in message
>I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
> calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.
>
> I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
> W&B envelope display:
>
> Aeroplanner
> Airplan
> Flightcalc
> Load Balance
> NavigaCE
> Niborex
> PocketFMS
> SA Flightcalc
> Teletype GPS
> WingX
>
> I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
> for 320x240...
>
> Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
> meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
> downloading and installing free trial versions :)
>
> Thank you for any feedback...
>
> Peter.
> --
> Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail.
> E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.
> Please do NOT copy usenet posts to email - it is NOT necessary.

Google