PDA

View Full Version : Re: Good news: Kicking out of N-reg aircraft (from the UK) postponed

Barney Rubble
November 13th 06, 06:53 PM
This bit sums up all that is wrong with European flying :-

"Respondents should note, however, that EASA will need to establish
instrument rating requirements that are appropriate for European operations
and weather conditions and that previous work by experts indicates that
requirements based on the FAA instrument rating would not be acceptable for
an instrument rating which gives access to class A airspace."

Or to put it another way, the US IR is a piece of crap, and we want to
defend our own little fifedom and make "our" pilots jump through many many
more hoops to exercise the same privilages. Get with it Europe, there are
1000's of FAA IR pilots doing this everyday in the EU Alpha airspace, at the
sharp end of some big birds, so what EXACTLY is not acceptable? Oh and since
when did Europe have worse WX than the US? Total and utter BS.

Thomas Borchert
November 14th 06, 01:35 PM
Barney,

> Total and utter BS.

Yup. You won't find a single European pilot disagreeing (I hope).

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Google