PDA

View Full Version : Re: Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Hilton
November 14th 06, 12:25 AM
Peter,

WingX is not hard-coded to any specific screen size. It runs just fine on
320x240, 240x320, 240x240, 640x480, 480x640, and 480x480. In fact, WingX
even has the option to automatically change between portrait and landscape -
had that for about a year now if I recall correctly. Route planning, the
METAR List and other features are perfect for portrait-mode. Approach
charts and weather images work just fine in any resolution.

Home page is:
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com

Weight and Balance page is:
http://www.hiltonsoftware.com/FeatureWB.html

You raise a good point - perhaps we should add some information and images
about screen sizes/resolutions to the web site.

Hope this helps,

Hilton

"Peter" > wrote in message
>I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
> calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.
>
> I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
> W&B envelope display:
>
> Aeroplanner
> Airplan
> Flightcalc
> Load Balance
> NavigaCE
> Niborex
> PocketFMS
> SA Flightcalc
> Teletype GPS
> WingX
>
> I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
> for 320x240...
>
> Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
> meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
> downloading and installing free trial versions :)
>
> Thank you for any feedback...
>
> Peter.
> --
> Return address is invalid to help stop junk mail.
> E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.
> Please do NOT copy usenet posts to email - it is NOT necessary.

Hilton
November 14th 06, 10:31 AM
Peter,

I wish we could get our hands on good, reliable, up-to-date non-US data. We
continually get requests from Canada, Australia, Europe, South Africa etc.
We could use 'pilot-constructed' data, but we'd prefer to have accurate
up-to-date data.

Hilton

Peter wrote:

> Hilton wrote:
>
>>WingX is not hard-coded to any specific screen size. It runs just fine on
>>320x240, 240x320, 240x240, 640x480, 480x640, and 480x480. In fact, WingX
>>even has the option to automatically change between portrait and
>>landscape -
>>had that for about a year now if I recall correctly. Route planning, the
>>METAR List and other features are perfect for portrait-mode. Approach
>>charts and weather images work just fine in any resolution.
>>
>>Home page is:
>>http://www.hiltonsoftware.com
>>
>>Weight and Balance page is:
>>http://www.hiltonsoftware.com/FeatureWB.html
>>
>>You raise a good point - perhaps we should add some information and images
>>about screen sizes/resolutions to the web site.
>
> I did consider WingX but didn't try it because I considered it too
> expensive for the simple functions I was after. It does a lot more of
> course, but as with most American flight planning applications one is
> always a bit concerned about the European data accuracy.

Google