PDA

View Full Version : GPS / WxWorx Software

GFValvo
February 23rd 07, 02:08 AM
I'm looking for opinions / stories / experiences about the various GPS/Wx
software packages that are available for Tablet PCs.

I have a Motion LS800 and a WxWorx receiver. But, I'm not sure I'm happy
with my current choice of software.

I started out with ChartCase (www.flightprep.com) - mostly because of the
liberal return policy. I didn't like if for a number of reasons:

* It seems to be more about the charts than guiding the aircraft.

* All charts are displayed North-up, you can't get track-up.

* No CDI.

* No single page to display Desired Track, Ground Track, and Ground Speed.

* No loading of approaches into the flight plan.

So, I returned it and purchased TrueMap (www.aviationsafety.com). This has a
lot of features I like:

* Display resembles a Garmin 530 or other IFR navigator.

* Approaches in the data base.

* Extensive airport data.

* Display is highly configurable.

* Can switch to a view with aircraft on enroute chart (North-up only)

* Can switch to a view of the chart for the approach currently loaded.

But, its menu structure, CDI, and flight plans are kind of flakey - although
I can live with them.

I've also checked out the web pages for:

NAVAir (www.airgator.com)

Vista (www.rmstek.com)

Voyager (www.seattleavionics.com)

Anywhere Map (www.anywheremap.com)

So, what have you other folks used? Opinions?

Greg

Google