PDA

View Full Version : Electric trim

Bruce McFadden
March 28th 07, 12:22 AM
I have a 1968 PA32-260 which has a PET-1 electric trim. It works well. I
am ready to get rid of the bow-tie yokes in favor of new PMA'd yokes from
Avion or refurbished yokes from Wentworth.

My problem is the trim switch. The design of the current switch will not
fit a ram's horn style yoke. Electric trim switches are available; both new
and used for Pipers, but I am not able to ascertain if they will work, let
alone be legal.

How do I got about finding if the old PET-! trim switch can legally be
replaced by a new Piper trim switch?

Wher can I look online for this info?

Thanks in advance

--

Bruce McFadden Birmingham, AL
PA32-260 N5594J

Patrick Henry --"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will do the
plowing for those that don't!!

Dave[_3_]
March 28th 07, 03:18 AM
I would take this to the Piper Cherokee group.

http://www.piperowner.com/

If there is a solution, someone there knows it! (BY FAR the best
Cherokee info source)

Dave

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:22:21 -0500, "Bruce McFadden"
> wrote:

>I have a 1968 PA32-260 which has a PET-1 electric trim. It works well. I
>am ready to get rid of the bow-tie yokes in favor of new PMA'd yokes from
>Avion or refurbished yokes from Wentworth.
>
>My problem is the trim switch. The design of the current switch will not
>fit a ram's horn style yoke. Electric trim switches are available; both new
>and used for Pipers, but I am not able to ascertain if they will work, let
>alone be legal.
>
>How do I got about finding if the old PET-! trim switch can legally be
>replaced by a new Piper trim switch?
>
>Wher can I look online for this info?
>
>Thanks in advance

Jay Honeck
March 28th 07, 02:49 PM
> I would take this to the Piper Cherokee group.
>
> http://www.piperowner.com/
>
> If there is a solution, someone there knows it! (BY FAR the best
> Cherokee info source)

I'll "Second" Dave's motion. If the answer can't be found on
"Cherokee Chat" -- there is no answer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA