PDA

View Full Version : Re: But speaking of *good* aviation films...

Scott M. Kozel
June 22nd 03, 07:47 PM
"Ralph Nesbitt" > wrote:

> "Scott M. Kozel" > wrote
> > Bertie the Bunyip > wrote:
> > > "Scet" > posted

> > Bwahawhawhaw!!
> >
> > Maybe Splaps mixed it up with the A-12 Avenger II
> >
> > http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-12.htm

> > > Budweiser is evil and must be stopped.
> >
> > Because it makes you puke?
>
> Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
> "Desert Refresher".

He he! Yep!

> Ralph Nesbitt
> Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.

FD - Fire Department
CFR - Crash Fire Rescue
ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting

..

CJS
June 22nd 03, 10:51 PM
Scet wrote:

> "CJS" > wrote in message ...
> >

> > Bill Silvey wrote:

> > > Heh. Tarver slagging me over a Bridges at Toko-Ri quote. That's
> *funny*,
> > > considering he's insulted both Art Kramer and Ed Rasimus, two people who
> > > have most assuredly been there and done that. As if Tarver would know
> what
> > > kind of man it takes to do the job they've done.
> > >
> > > Ah well, thanks for replying to his post; at least I got to see what
> sort of
> > > drivel he spewed...
> >
> > Ask him about...
> >
> > ...how the WWII Avenger bomber was powered by jet engines
> > ...how pitot tubes are only used on turbine planes
> > ...how mud wasps clog pitot tubes with alarming regularity
> > ...how the pitot tube is actually the P1T0 tube
> > ...how spoilers create negative lift
> > ...how wings on racecars are actually spoilers
> > ...how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
> > ...how a non-existant section of TWA800 was the problem
> > ...how Kapton is a conductor, not an insulator
>
> how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
>
> LOL!!!............as if.............

Well, to be fair, Fosters isn't much better. :)

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

CJS
June 22nd 03, 10:53 PM
"Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

> "Ralph Nesbitt" > wrote:

> > > Bwahawhawhaw!!
> > >
> > > Maybe Splaps mixed it up with the A-12 Avenger II
> > >
> > > http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-12.htm

> > > Because it makes you puke?
> >
> > Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
> > "Desert Refresher".
>
> He he! Yep!
>
> > Ralph Nesbitt
> > Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type
>
> I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.
>
> FD - Fire Department

Nope. "FD" is what you eat at the "TBL."

> CFR - Crash Fire Rescue

Nope. Ralph is a secret spy from the Council on Foreign Relations sent
here to spy on conspiracy truth seekers.

> ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting

Nope. He has a dog.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Ralph Nesbitt
June 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
"Scott M. Kozel" > wrote in message
> "Ralph Nesbitt" > wrote:

That's
Rasimus,
As if

> > > Bwahawhawhaw!!
> > >
> > > Maybe Splaps mixed it up with the A-12 Avenger II
> > >
> > > http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-12.htm

> > > Because it makes you puke?
> >
> > Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
> > "Desert Refresher".
>
> He he! Yep!
>
> > Ralph Nesbitt
> > Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type
>
> I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.
>
> FD - Fire Department
> CFR - Crash Fire Rescue
> ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting

Correct on all.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Phil Miller
June 23rd 03, 07:51 AM

:

>> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote:
>>>
>>> "Scott M. Kozel" > posted

>>> Snort! I never saw that one!
>>
>> Posted in a.d.a about 2 years ago!
>
>Sometimes I just have to take a break from Tarver. He's kind of the Black
>Forest Gateau of loons. Just too rich.

Bwahahahahaha!! Look for that in the Tarver page of the FAQ. :-)

Under B.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~philmil/ADA_FAQ/ADA_FAQ.htm

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #4

The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.

Thanks to both of you for playing.

John

rec.aviation.military

Phil Miller
June 23rd 03, 07:52 AM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:51:50 -0500, CJS > wrote:

>Scet wrote:

>> *funny*,
>> what

>> sort of
>> >
>> > Ask him about...
>> >
>> > ...how the WWII Avenger bomber was powered by jet engines
>> > ...how pitot tubes are only used on turbine planes
>> > ...how mud wasps clog pitot tubes with alarming regularity
>> > ...how the pitot tube is actually the P1T0 tube
>> > ...how spoilers create negative lift
>> > ...how wings on racecars are actually spoilers
>> > ...how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
>> > ...how a non-existant section of TWA800 was the problem
>> > ...how Kapton is a conductor, not an insulator
>>
>> how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
>>
>> LOL!!!............as if.............
>
>Well, to be fair, Fosters isn't much better. :)

Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #2

What is the best selling beer in Oz?

Budweiser.

Another illusion shattered.

John

alt.disasters.aviation

Scott M. Kozel
June 23rd 03, 11:34 AM
"Ralph Nesbitt" > wrote:

> "Scott M. Kozel" > wrote
> > "Ralph Nesbitt" > wrote:
> > > "Scott M. Kozel" > wrote

> > > Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
> > > "Desert Refresher".
> >
> > He he! Yep!
> >
> > > Ralph Nesbitt
> > > Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type
> >
> > I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.
> >
> > FD - Fire Department
> > CFR - Crash Fire Rescue
> > ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting
>
> Correct on all.

I used Google to search for the acronyms...

..

CJS
June 24th 03, 12:47 AM
Phil Miller wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:51:50 -0500, CJS > wrote:
>

> >Scet wrote:

> >> *funny*,
> >> what

> >> sort of

> >> how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
> >>
> >> LOL!!!............as if.............
> >
> >Well, to be fair, Fosters isn't much better. :)
>
> Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)

"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"

That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Bill Silvey
June 24th 03, 01:16 AM
"CJS" > wrote in message

> "Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
>
> That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge amount of
brews from down under, mind you.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

CJS
June 24th 03, 01:22 AM
Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

> "CJS" > wrote in message ...

> That's
> Rasimus,
> As if
> they've

> see what

> information.

> > > He he! Yep!

> > > I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.
> > >
> > > FD - Fire Department
> >
> > Nope. "FD" is what you eat at the "TBL."
> >
> > > CFR - Crash Fire Rescue
> >
> > Nope. Ralph is a secret spy from the Council on Foreign Relations sent
> > here to spy on conspiracy truth seekers.
> >
> > > ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting
> >
> > Nope. He has a dog.
> >
> > Cheers...Craig
> Keyboard!
> Ralph Nesbitt
> Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

:)

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 02:00 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> wrote:

>"CJS" > wrote in message

>> "Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
>>
>> That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.
>
>James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge amount of
>brews from down under, mind you.

Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #2

What is the best selling beer in Oz?

Budweiser.

Another illusion shattered.

John

alt.disasters.aviation

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 02:10 AM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:47:14 -0500, CJS > wrote:

>Phil Miller wrote:

>> >Well, to be fair, Fosters isn't much better. :)
>>
>> Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)
>
>"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
>
>That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

Well, to quote the Fosters company website;

"Victoria Bitter is Australia's favourite beer. Australians enjoy more
than 400 million litres of the top-selling brew each year."

By 20 million men, women and children! Splappy would be hard pressed to
keep up. I guess you could say that VB's popular here.?

Cheers,

Phil
--
24 beers in a carton. 24 hours in a day. Hmmmm.......

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 02:15 AM

http://www.fosters.com.au/beer/about/brands/beer/media/vicbitter_song.mp3

Cheers,

Phil
--
24 beers in a carton. 24 hours in a day. Hmmmm.......

Bill Silvey
June 24th 03, 02:22 AM
"Phil Miller" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> > wrote:
>
>> "CJS" > wrote in message
>>

>>> "Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
>>>
>>> That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.
>>
>> James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge
>> amount of brews from down under, mind you.
>
> Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.

Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time) I ever
had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near my
house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the underlying
taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very refreshing. Upon
tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like pure, clean springwater that
taste was. I was in heaven.

Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for the
best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!

I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
"Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
I hate furries.

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 02:25 AM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:03:58 -0500, CJS > wrote:

>Bill Silvey wrote:
>>
>> "CJS" > wrote in message
>>

>> > "Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
>> >
>> > That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.
>>
>> James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge amount of
>> brews from down under, mind you.
>
>Phil will hate me for this, but I actually prefer the Kiwi brews,
>Steinlager being an exception.

Philistine! And an England supporter! Did you hear the rugby score from
last weekend? Sob... :-(

Phil
--
The letters are Hex, of an ancient mode, but the language is that of
Microsoft, which I dare not utter here. But in common English this is

CJS
June 24th 03, 02:43 AM
Phil Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:03:58 -0500, CJS > wrote:
>

> >Bill Silvey wrote:

> >> James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge amount of
> >> brews from down under, mind you.
> >
> >Phil will hate me for this, but I actually prefer the Kiwi brews,
> >Steinlager being an exception.
>
> Philistine! And an England supporter! Did you hear the rugby score from
> last weekend? Sob... :-(

Naw...I'll cheer for the Lions if no one else is around (e.g., anyone
but the Wallabies), but I'm an All-Blacks guy.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

CJS
June 24th 03, 02:44 AM
Phil Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:47:14 -0500, CJS > wrote:
>

> >Phil Miller wrote:

> >> Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)
> >
> >"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
> >
> >That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.
>
> http://www.fosters.com.au/beer/about/brands/beer/media/vicbitter_song.mp3

Brilliant!

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 02:47 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> wrote:

>"Phil Miller" > wrote in message

>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
>> > wrote:

>>> James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge
>>> amount of brews from down under, mind you.
>>
>> Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.
>
>Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time) I ever
>had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near my
>house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the underlying
>taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very refreshing. Upon
>tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like pure, clean springwater that
>taste was. I was in heaven.

Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.

>Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for the
>best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!

This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to you,
but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;
http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=australia

Here's the brewers site;
www.boags.com.au

>I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.

Haven't heard of that one.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Homer J. Simpson

Tom Mosher
June 24th 03, 03:07 AM
"Phil Miller" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Phil Miller" > wrote in message
>
> >> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"

> >> Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.
> >
> >Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time) I
ever
> >had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near my
> >house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the underlying
> >taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very refreshing. Upon
> >tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like pure, clean springwater
that
> >taste was. I was in heaven.
>
> Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.
>
> >Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for the
> >best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!
>
> This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to you,
> but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;

http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=australia

> Here's the brewers site;
> www.boags.com.au
>
> >I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.
>
> Haven't heard of that one.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Phil
> --
> Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
> Homer J. Simpson

Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in Barbados
many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My brothers
and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all day.

Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.

Tom

Clark
June 24th 03, 03:18 AM
"Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
:

> "Phil Miller" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
>> > wrote:

>> >Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time)
> ever
>> >had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near
>> >my house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the
>> >underlying taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very
>> >refreshing. Upon tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like
>> >pure, clean springwater
> that
>> >taste was. I was in heaven.
>>
>> Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.
>>
>> >Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for
>> >the best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!
>>
>> This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to
>> you, but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;
>>
> http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=aust
> ralia
>>
>> Here's the brewers site;
>> www.boags.com.au
>>
>> >I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.
>>
>> Haven't heard of that one.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

>> Phil
>> --
>> Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
>> Homer J. Simpson
>
> Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> Barbados
> many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My
> brothers
> and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all
> day.
>
> Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.

Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
willing women. What more could you want?

CJS
June 24th 03, 03:48 AM
Tom Mosher wrote:

> "Phil Miller" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> > > wrote:

> > >Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time) I
> ever
> > >had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near my
> > >house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the underlying
> > >taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very refreshing. Upon
> > >tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like pure, clean springwater
> that
> > >taste was. I was in heaven.
> >
> > Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.
> >
> > >Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for the
> > >best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!
> >
> > This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to you,
> > but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;
> >
> http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=australia
> >
> > Here's the brewers site;
> > www.boags.com.au
> >
> > >I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.
> >
> > Haven't heard of that one.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >

> > Phil
> > --
> > Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
> > Homer J. Simpson
>
> Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in Barbados
> many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My brothers
> and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all day.
>
> Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.

Amen. MG and Tonic is the quintessential summer drink.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

CJS
June 24th 03, 03:49 AM
Clark wrote:

> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
> :
>

> > "Phil Miller" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"

> > ever
> > that
> >>
> >> Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.

> >> This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to
> >> you, but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;
> >>
> > http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=aust
> > ralia
> >>
> >> Here's the brewers site;
> >> www.boags.com.au

> >> Haven't heard of that one.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>

> >> Phil
> >> --
> >> Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
> >> Homer J. Simpson
> >
> > Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> > Barbados
> > many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My
> > brothers
> > and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all
> > day.
> >
> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
> >
> Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
> willing women. What more could you want?

A government?

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Bill Silvey
June 24th 03, 03:58 AM
"Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in message

> Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> Barbados many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably
> priced. My brothers and I would go through a case or so a night after
> scuba diving all day.

Where'd you stay? East coast or west coast?

> Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.

Aw yeah. Mt. Gay sugarcane overproof rum. God what nectar.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
"Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
I hate furries.

Bill Silvey
June 24th 03, 04:00 AM
"Phil Miller" > wrote in message

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Phil Miller" > wrote in message
>>
>>> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"

>>> Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.
>>
>> Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time)
>> I ever had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon
>> after) near my house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that
>> is, the underlying taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant,
>> or very refreshing. Upon tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much
>> like pure, clean springwater that taste was. I was in heaven.
>
> Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.
>
>> Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for
>> the best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!
>
> This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to
> you, but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;

http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=australia

I imagine so. I'll check 'em out and if I'm ever up to having one expensive
drink (outside of various brandys and wines) I'll order me a six-pack :-)

> Here's the brewers site;
> www.boags.com.au
>
>> I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.
>
> Haven't heard of that one.

A light-tasting lager with a kick about twice as strong as that damn
Elephant beer, or Tsingtao. But it has a very, very light bite to it. More
like a kiss :-)

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
"Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
I hate furries.

Clark
June 24th 03, 04:16 AM
CJS > wrote in :

> Clark wrote:
>>
>> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
>> :

[snip]
>> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
>> >
>> Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
>> willing women. What more could you want?
>
> A government?

Governments change, latin america remains...

Tom Mosher
June 24th 03, 05:04 AM
"Clark" <stillnospam@me> wrote in message
> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
> :
>

> > "Phil Miller" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"

> > ever
> > that
> >>
> >> Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.

> >> This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to
> >> you, but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;
> >>
> > http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/beer.html?category=beer&country=aust
> > ralia
> >>
> >> Here's the brewers site;
> >> www.boags.com.au

> >> Haven't heard of that one.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>

> >> Phil
> >> --
> >> Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
> >> Homer J. Simpson
> >
> > Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> > Barbados
> > many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My
> > brothers
> > and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all
> > day.
> >
> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
> >
> Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
> willing women. What more could you want?

No scuba diving that I know of in Venezuela...Barbados has decent scuba
diving plus caning if you break the law!

Tom

Tom Mosher
June 24th 03, 05:05 AM
"Bill Silvey" > wrote in message
. com...
> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in message
>

> > Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> > Barbados many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably
> > priced. My brothers and I would go through a case or so a night after
> > scuba diving all day.
>
> Where'd you stay? East coast or west coast?
>
> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
>
> Aw yeah. Mt. Gay sugarcane overproof rum. God what nectar.
>
> --
> http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
> Remove the X's in my email address to respond.
> "Damn you Silvey, and your endless fortunes." - Stephen Weir
> I hate furries.

$2.50 a quart down there - $15.00 up here. Bummer.

Tom

CJS
June 24th 03, 05:09 AM
Bill Silvey wrote:

> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in message
>

> > Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
> > Barbados many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably
> > priced. My brothers and I would go through a case or so a night after
> > scuba diving all day.
>
> Where'd you stay? East coast or west coast?
>
> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
>
> Aw yeah. Mt. Gay sugarcane overproof rum. God what nectar.

Careful, or Phil will start ranting about the taste of Bundy OP.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Ralph Nesbitt
June 24th 03, 05:10 AM
"Phil Miller" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:47:14 -0500, CJS > wrote:
>

> >Phil Miller wrote:

That's

> >> Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)
> >
> >"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"
> >
> >That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.
>
> Well, to quote the Fosters company website;
>
> "Victoria Bitter is Australia's favourite beer. Australians enjoy more
> than 400 million litres of the top-selling brew each year."
>
> By 20 million men, women and children! Splappy would be hard pressed to
> keep up. I guess you could say that VB's popular here.?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Phil
> --
On average per person, probably equal to Splappy's Thunderbird consumption.
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 07:08 AM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:09:01 -0500, CJS > wrote:

>Bill Silvey wrote:
>>
>> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in message
>>

>> > Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
>> > Barbados many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably
>> > priced. My brothers and I would go through a case or so a night after
>> > scuba diving all day.
>>
>> Where'd you stay? East coast or west coast?
>>
>> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
>>
>> Aw yeah. Mt. Gay sugarcane overproof rum. God what nectar.
>
>Careful, or Phil will start ranting about the taste of Bundy OP.

Oh I don't know, Craig. I'm prepared to concede that there may be rums
nearly as good as Bundy. :-)

Phil
--
The important things in life

1. It is important to find a woman that cooks and cleans.
2. It is important to find a woman that makes good money.
3. It is important to find a woman that likes to have s e x.
4. It is important that these three women never meet.

Phil Miller
June 24th 03, 07:11 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:10:51 GMT, "Ralph Nesbitt"

Sure would explain some things.

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #4

The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.

Thanks to both of you for playing.

John

rec.aviation.military

Clark
June 24th 03, 10:29 AM
"Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
:

> "Clark" <stillnospam@me> wrote in message
>> "Tom Mosher" <gbronline.com@tmosher> wrote in
>> :
[snip]

>> > Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.
>> >
>> Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
>> willing women. What more could you want?
>>
> No scuba diving that I know of in Venezuela...Barbados has decent
> scuba diving plus caning if you break the law!

Not a recomendation, just a point of reference:

http://www.mochima-divers.com/frontpage/frontpage.htm

Of course, you've gotta survive the trip through the Caracas airport to get
just about anywhere...

CJS
June 25th 03, 01:34 AM
Phil Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:09:01 -0500, CJS > wrote:
>

> >Bill Silvey wrote:

> >> Where'd you stay? East coast or west coast?

> >> Aw yeah. Mt. Gay sugarcane overproof rum. God what nectar.
> >
> >Careful, or Phil will start ranting about the taste of Bundy OP.
>
> Oh I don't know, Craig. I'm prepared to concede that there may be rums
> nearly as good as Bundy. :-)

Hmmmm. Might be time to whip up a Dark & Stormy with my remaining
Bundy.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless
information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited
power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

Bertie the Bunyip
June 27th 03, 05:54 AM
Phil Miller > posted
:

:

>>> Posted in a.d.a about 2 years ago!
>>
>>Sometimes I just have to take a break from Tarver. He's kind of the
>>Black Forest Gateau of loons. Just too rich.
>
> Bwahahahahaha!! Look for that in the Tarver page of the FAQ. :-)

I'm honored!

Bertie

> Under B.
>
> http://members.optusnet.com.au/~philmil/ADA_FAQ/ADA_FAQ.htm
>

> Phil
> --
> Great Tarverisms #4
>
> The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
> kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
> P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.
>
> Thanks to both of you for playing.
>
> John
>
> rec.aviation.military

\ Bertie the Bunyip \ _ ______ |
\ \ / \___-=O`/|O`/__|
\ AAS 001 \_______\ / | / )
/ / `/-==__ _/__|/__=-| -GM
/ Hero of Kiwis everwhere / * \ | |
/ / (o)

Local internet service providers may consider blocking an American
from taking part in online discussions following one of the worst cases of
"flaming" seen in this country.
A mysterious figure calling himself "Bertie the Bunyip" has upset local
Usenet newsgroups after a bizarre campaign that has included posting fake
photographs of a topless Queen Mother.
If someone burst into a cafe or pub and started yelling obscenities and
abusing everyone in sight, you might expect the manager to throw them out
or call the police.

Bertie the Bunyip
June 27th 03, 05:58 AM
"Ralph Nesbitt" > posted
igy.com:

> "Scott M. Kozel" > wrote in message
>> Bertie the Bunyip > wrote:
>> >
>> > "Scet" > posted

>> Bwahawhawhaw!!
>>
>> Maybe Splaps mixed it up with the A-12 Avenger II
>>
>> http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-12.htm

>> > Budweiser is evil and must be stopped.
>>
>> Because it makes you puke?
>>
> Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
> "Desert Refresher".

Bwawhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahwhahhwhahhwhahw!

Bertie

--
\ Bertie the Bunyip \ _ ______ |
\ \ / \___-=O`/|O`/__|
\ AAS 001 \_______\ / | / )
/ / `/-==__ _/__|/__=-| -GM
/ Hero of Kiwis everwhere / * \ | |
/ / (o)

Local internet service providers may consider blocking an American
from taking part in online discussions following one of the worst cases of
"flaming" seen in this country.
A mysterious figure calling himself "Bertie the Bunyip" has upset local
Usenet newsgroups after a bizarre campaign that has included posting fake
photographs of a topless Queen Mother.
If someone burst into a cafe or pub and started yelling obscenities and
abusing everyone in sight, you might expect the manager to throw them out
or call the police.

Google