PDA

View Full Version : Specific 4th FG request...

Wade Meyers
June 30th 03, 08:07 PM
Hey guys,

Does anybody out there have any good aerial *and/or* land views of
Debden, Essex, UK (home of the 4th FG)? I specifically need any and
all I can get of the areas around the hangars and Watch Office
(control tower, to us yanks). However, anything around the buildings,
runways, and/or dispersals would be nice as well.

I've personally been to the still-relatively-intact Debden (see "Then
& Now" tour on my site - link below), and I already have pretty much
all the books and magazine articles on the 4th/Eagles (with attendant
photography), and with this request I am specifically looking to see
if anybody out there has unpublished shots of Debden's "landscape"
that may be the "gold" shots I may need.

This will aid tremendously in planning for a future painting.

Wade

http://wademeyersart.tripod.com

the-dedmons
July 1st 03, 12:03 AM
Wade you might try (if you can find it) Debden Eagles by Garry Fry. I've
got a photo copy version of the book which I learned of from the historian
of the 4th FW many years ago. I tried for a while to get an original and
eventually went to a company i Arizona to find mine about 10 years ago. It
has some over head shots of the airfield on the main base side including the
hangars.
"Wade Meyers" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey guys,
>
> Does anybody out there have any good aerial *and/or* land views of
> Debden, Essex, UK (home of the 4th FG)? I specifically need any and
> all I can get of the areas around the hangars and Watch Office
> (control tower, to us yanks). However, anything around the buildings,
> runways, and/or dispersals would be nice as well.
>
> I've personally been to the still-relatively-intact Debden (see "Then
> & Now" tour on my site - link below), and I already have pretty much
> all the books and magazine articles on the 4th/Eagles (with attendant
> photography), and with this request I am specifically looking to see
> if anybody out there has unpublished shots of Debden's "landscape"
> that may be the "gold" shots I may need.
>
> This will aid tremendously in planning for a future painting.
>
> Wade
>
> http://wademeyersart.tripod.com

Keith Willshaw
July 1st 03, 09:30 AM
"Wade Meyers" > wrote in message
om...
> Hey guys,
>
> Does anybody out there have any good aerial *and/or* land views of
> Debden, Essex, UK (home of the 4th FG)? I specifically need any and
> all I can get of the areas around the hangars and Watch Office
> (control tower, to us yanks). However, anything around the buildings,
> runways, and/or dispersals would be nice as well.

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/d/debden/
http://www.controltowers.co.uk/D/Debden.htm
http://wademeyersart.tripod.com/wademeyersaviationart/id33.html

Keith