PDA

View Full Version : Re: military antenna connector

hardware_hacker
July 1st 03, 01:40 AM
In article >,
says...

>It may be just what it looks like - a modified BNC.
>I've seen this kind of thing on test equipment, usually for signals that are
>frequently connected/disconnected and where a positive lock isn't required.
>It makes running test procedures a little easier.
>
>"miso" > wrote in message
om...
>> http://www.lazygranch.com/images/ebay/bnchuh.jpg
>> http://www.lazygranch.com/images/ebay/bladeantlabel.jpg
>>
>> Anybody ever see a coax connector that looks like a BNC with the tongs
>> whacked off? Is this some sort of aviation connector?

Mangled BNC. Probably on some form of test rig where someone thought it would
be easier to just push on and push off. Definitely non-standard. Possibly
simple wear-out but I would think that would leave ragged stubs. Those nubs
are usually swaged in, so a pry-out wouldn't be that hard.

--
Joe Mickley (remove the money to e-mail)

Google