UK Tracer/US FSCS

Rob

Kevin Brooks
July 1st 03, 03:52 PM
(robert arndt) wrote in message >...
> http://www.geocities.com/fscswheelsvstracks/sld025.htm
>
> UK Tracer/US FSCS
>
> Rob

The US Army has largely backed out of this program, limiting itsd
participation to a $4.5 million contract with the developers to
continue work on some of the systems involved in hopes that they can
be harnessed to the FCS program. I believe the UK is (as of last word)
still continuing with the program, but not sure how seriously in
regards to eventual procurement.

Brooks

Paul J. Adam
July 1st 03, 09:28 PM
In message >, robert
arndt > writes
>http://www.geocities.com/fscswheelsvstracks/sld025.htm
>
>UK Tracer/US FSCS

Dead for over a year. Not a complete loss, it was a useful technology
development program even if it didn't result in a production program,
but the issues seem to have been that (1) the US and UK wanted
significantly different capabilities, (2) the TRACER program was drawn
up under Cold War rules and got overtaken by events.

The US is cherrypicking work out of the TRACER program for FCS, the UK
for the CVR(T) replacement whose acronym infuriatingly evades me.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Paul J. Adam

robert arndt
July 1st 03, 11:14 PM
(Kevin Brooks) wrote in message >...
> (robert arndt) wrote in message >...
> > http://www.geocities.com/fscswheelsvstracks/sld025.htm
> >
> > UK Tracer/US FSCS
> >
> > Rob
>
> The US Army has largely backed out of this program, limiting itsd
> participation to a $4.5 million contract with the developers to
> continue work on some of the systems involved in hopes that they can
> be harnessed to the FCS program. I believe the UK is (as of last word)
> still continuing with the program, but not sure how seriously in
> regards to eventual procurement.
>
> Brooks

Take a look at the similar construction of the British ACAV:

http://www.geocities.com/tacticalstudiesgroup/britplastictank.jpg

Rob

Paul J. Adam
July 1st 03, 11:36 PM
In message >, Madhon
> writes
>
>> The US is cherrypicking work out of the TRACER program for FCS, the UK
>> for the CVR(T) replacement whose acronym infuriatingly evades me.
>
>combat vehicle recconaisance (tracked)
>
>:)

I know what CVR(T) stands for, it's the _replacement_ I'm failing to
recall. Not FCLV, not FBSV, not MODIFIER, but it's too late and I've
enjoyed too much Cotes de Duras to be sure about the current acronym.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Paul J. Adam

Dennis S.
July 2nd 03, 12:53 AM
FRES - Future Rapid Effects System

--
Dennis

robert arndt
July 2nd 03, 05:58 AM
"Paul J. Adam" > wrote in message >...
> In message >, Madhon
> > writes
> >
> >> The US is cherrypicking work out of the TRACER program for FCS, the UK
> >> for the CVR(T) replacement whose acronym infuriatingly evades me.
> >
> >combat vehicle recconaisance (tracked)
> >
> >:)
>
> I know what CVR(T) stands for, it's the _replacement_ I'm failing to
> recall. Not FCLV, not FBSV, not MODIFIER, but it's too late and I've
> enjoyed too much Cotes de Duras to be sure about the current acronym.

It's FCS(T):

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/fcs-mgv-p.htm

Rob

Google