PDA

View Full Version : Missile Sensor Question

robert arndt
July 1st 03, 11:11 PM
I read recently that EADS is looking into missiles fitted with JEM sensors.
What is JEM?

Rob

July 2nd 03, 12:01 AM
On 1 Jul 2003 15:11:26 -0700, (robert arndt) wrote:

>I read recently that EADS is looking into missiles fitted with JEM sensors.
>What is JEM?
>
>Rob
Jet engine modulation (JEM) sensor data.
http://www.gwu.edu/~cpd/ceip/courses/courses/cweg916.html

Simon Robbins
July 2nd 03, 01:17 PM
> wrote in message
> On 1 Jul 2003 15:11:26 -0700, (robert arndt) wrote:
>
> >I read recently that EADS is looking into missiles fitted with JEM
sensors.
> >What is JEM?
> >
> >Rob
> Jet engine modulation (JEM) sensor data.
> http://www.gwu.edu/~cpd/ceip/courses/courses/cweg916.html

Sounds interesting.. Kind of like a wake-homing torpedo for a jet engine?

Si

Denyav
July 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
>I read recently that EADS is looking into missiles fitted with JEM sensors.
>What is JEM?

This should stand for Jet Engine Modulation,a component of fused data for
target recognition,as the other "JEM" is not yet mature for military
applications.

W. D. Allen Sr.
July 2nd 03, 06:58 PM
JEM has been worked on in the lab for at least forty years.

WDA

end

"Simon Robbins" > wrote in
message ...
arndt) wrote:

> > >I read recently that EADS is looking into missiles
fitted with JEM
> sensors.
> > >What is JEM?
> > >
> > >Rob
> > Jet engine modulation (JEM) sensor data.

http://www.gwu.edu/~cpd/ceip/courses/courses/cweg916.html

> Sounds interesting.. Kind of like a wake-homing torpedo
for a jet engine?

> Si

Google