PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Art Kramer

robert arndt
July 4th 03, 04:33 AM
Hey Art,

If you really love that B-26 of yours why not make a custom model of
it? I'm going to have the Saab A36 custom made from Motion Models.
They are the best down to the smallest detail. Here's a link:

http://www.motionmodels.com/custom.html

This is the custom section. Check out the USAAC section with the
B-26s. It is definately worth it.

Rob

p.s. hostilities aside, I thought you might like the idea.

CC
July 4th 03, 12:57 PM
Hey Art....have you written a book yet?....if not you should....cc

"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
> >Subject: ATTN: Art Kramer
> >From: (robert arndt)
> >Date: 7/3/03 8:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> >
> >Hey Art,
> >
> >If you really love that B-26 of yours why not make a custom model of
> >it? I'm going to have the Saab A36 custom made from Motion Models.
> >They are the best down to the smallest detail. Here's a link:
> >
> >http://www.motionmodels.com/custom.html
> >
> >This is the custom section. Check out the USAAC section with the
> >B-26s. It is definately worth it.
> >
> >Rob
> >
> >p.s. hostilities aside, I thought you might like the idea.
> >

> Thanks for the thought. But Willie The Wolf is gone. Let his memory lie
> vbuurirf with him. Here are my thoughts about "WIllie". that I share with
my
> crew, the few if us that still remain.
>
> IN REMEMBRANCE OF WILLIE THE WOLF
>

> Willie was war weary when we got him. His first crew completed their tour
of
> duty and went home. Then we came, fresh from the US and yet to fly our
first
> mission. Willie's scars brought home the reality of where Willie had been
and
> where we had yet to go. He was dented, bruised and patched. Here and there
some
> of the Plexi was crazed where flak struck home. When we climbed in, there
was a
> strong smell of vomit mixed with urine and Cordite. Willie was the first
battle
> scarred plane we had ever been in. And he was ours, all ours.
>
> As I write this, memories of Willie come back. I can hear the roar and
feel the
> vibration of the twin R-2800 engines. I can feel Willie surging forward as
we
> start down the runway, and I can see the runway speeding away under us as
our
> wheels slowly come up and lock in the wheel wells. As we climb to our
place in
> the formation the air gets chilled. I plug in my electric suit and pull up
the
> collar of my bomber jacket around me. We flew all our missions in Willie.
He
> never let us down. He took us out. And he brought us back. Often the worse
for
> wear with holes and dents, but he always brought us back.
>
> Willie was always a lot more than just an airplane even though he was
> officially a B-26G Martin Marauder of the 344th Bomb Group, 494th Bomb
Squadron
> of the 9th Air Force. He carried the white triangle on his tail of the
344th,
> and the markings K9J of the 494th.
>
> But Willie was one of us. Over Germany we could feel Willie shudder under
the
> punishing recoil of flak hits. But he had a heart of steel and just kept
flying
> on. When we landed we would walk around Willie and run our fingers over
the
> dents, into the holes and caress the peeling chipped paint. We really
loved
> Willie as much as any man can love a machine.
>
> When the war ended they took Willie away, placed demolition charges under
his
> spars and blew him up. Then they bulldozed him into a ditch. And he lies
buried
> over there to this day. I can't help but feel that with Willie a small
part of
> each of us will always lie over there with him.
>

> Arthur Kramer
> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

ArtKramr
July 4th 03, 02:33 PM
>Subject: Re: ATTN: Art Kramer
>From: "CC"
>Date: 7/4/03 4:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>Hey Art....have you written a book yet?....if not you should....cc

No. I'm putttng it all on m website which has had over 34,000 hits to date and
growing.. I think I am reaching a large audience with it, and spend a good
deal of time each day answering E mail from website readers about the website
and the war. All are welcome to visit. Well, almost all. Why don't you visit? I
think you might well enjoy it. (grin).

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer