PDA

View Full Version : Re: How long can the B-52 last?

BUFDRVR
July 4th 03, 01:20 PM
>Kinda smart...can't say I blame you at all. All we ask is for
>you to stick in a derisive <snort> occasionally when we get too
>carried away!... :)

No problem, but while I'm "keeping you straight", who'll keep me straight?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

Dave Kearton
July 4th 03, 04:31 PM
"BUFDRVR" > wrote in message
| >Kinda smart...can't say I blame you at all. All we ask is for
| >you to stick in a derisive <snort> occasionally when we get too
| >carried away!... :)
|
| No problem, but while I'm "keeping you straight", who'll keep me straight?
|

| BUFDRVR

We don't ask, you don't tell

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Indrek Aavisto
July 5th 03, 01:20 AM
BUFDRVR wrote:

> >Kinda smart...can't say I blame you at all. All we ask is for
> >you to stick in a derisive <snort> occasionally when we get too
> >carried away!... :)
>
> No problem, but while I'm "keeping you straight", who'll keep me straight?
>
> BUFDRVR
>
> "Stay on the bomb run boys, I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it harelips
> everyone on Bear Creek"

"quis custodet custodes ipsos?"

A quote from some Roman general. It means who will guard the guardians themselves.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto
Sudbury, Ontario

--
Indrek Aavisto
Sudbury, Ontario

"Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult" W. S. Churchill

JSH517
July 6th 03, 08:24 PM
>No problem, but while I'm "keeping you straight", who'll keep me straight?

Nice to see you here again BUFDRVR,,I'm not worried about you keeping
straight,, but just in case I can establish a "No Lone Zone " on your posts.

Gotta Love Those Heavies!!

Jim
SAC Cop
78-88

BUFDRVR
July 7th 03, 12:04 AM
>but just in case I can establish a "No Lone Zone " on your posts.

ROFLMAO...outstanding!!

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

Peter A. Stoll
July 8th 03, 04:04 AM
<snip>
>> No problem, but while I'm "keeping you straight", who'll keep me
>> straight?
>>
>> BUFDRVR

<snip)

> "quis custodet custodes ipsos?"
>
> A quote from some Roman general. It means who will guard the guardians
> themselves.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Indrek Aavisto
> Sudbury, Ontario

close, try:
"quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
and the more direct translation is watching, not quite guarding.

Usual attribution is to Decimus Junius Juvenalis, 6.347-8, better known to
us as Juvenal, a savagely satiric poet of Rome.

I tried using this epigram at lunch once about twenty years ago at Intel,
and had my Latin instantly corrected by Richard Gruen.

Peter A. Stoll
I don't speak for Intel, nor they for me

Google