PDA

View Full Version : Re: The written History of the 344th Bomb Group

ArtKramr
July 4th 03, 10:02 PM
>Subject: Re: The written History of the 344th Bomb Group
>From: (ArtKramr)
>Date: 6/28/03 7:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>>Subject: Re: The written History of the 344th Bomb Group
>>From: "Steven P. McNicoll"
>>Date: 6/28/03 7:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>>

>>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I just want to state that almost everything I post on this NG comes from
>>the
>>> written hisory of the 344th Bomb Group. When I list a crew lost and name
>>each
>>> man, it is not from dim memory, it is from written records and flight logs
>>> recorded at the time. When I describe conditions over a target it is all
>>from
>>> written records plus personal comments.. These records and my reports
>>have
>>> been verified by my pilot. Lt. Col Paul Shorts. We;flew all out missions
>>> together. Also my commanding officer Col. Bob Witty who led us into
>>battle
>>> commented that the reports in my website "do honor to the 344th." To me
>>there
>>> is no greater praise than that. In the meantime, I never suffer fools
>>gladly..
>>>

>>That's great. Art. When you do post could you identify when you're relying
>>on written histories and when you're relying on memory?
>>

>Yeah. I'll do it just for you.When I post "On this day in 1944" and list
>specific names places times and dates as well as crews lost, it is all from
>records. That's just one example. Lets see if you can figure out the rest.
>Your
>lack of actual experiece might make that difficult..
>

>Arthur Kramer
>Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
>http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Note that the most inexperienced always question the most experinced.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Steven P. McNicoll
July 8th 03, 07:05 PM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message

> Note that the most inexperienced always question the most experinced.

I hadn't heard that one. But I have heard this one; "Those that have seen
the least combat talk about it the most." I'm paraphrasing, I don't even
know who said it first.

Google