PDA

View Full Version : Re: NZ plane lands safely with help from USAF

Jughead
July 6th 03, 10:23 PM
Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote in
. nz:

> http://onenews.nzoom.com/onenews_detail/0,1227,199182-1-7,00.html
>
> US military to the rescue
>
> Jun 19, 2003
>
> The crew of an American military plane is being credited with rescuing
> a plane lost over the Pacific Ocean while en route to New Zealand.
>
> The US Airforce Starlifter had been flying to Christchurch when it
> became involved in a race against time to save a lost freight plane
> before it ran out of fuel.

Anybody know which unit's Starlifter was involved with this? One of the
units I support in my own job is the 452 AMXS/729 AS/730 AS at March. Our
C-141 guys are primarily responsible for the Starlifter portion of the
Christchurch-Antarctica runs, but I believe we routinely get assists from
Wright-Pat's birds and crews. It would make for good historical knowledge
of one of the planes I work on if it was a March-based aircraft.

Google