PDA

View Full Version : Northern CA Shell selling non-ethanol autogas?

M[_1_]
April 29th 07, 04:32 AM
According to the comments on airnav.com regarding Modesto airport
(http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMOD/SKY_TREK#c), someone mentioned
that Shell has been selling gasoline without ethanol in northern
California gas stations since 2006. Is it true?

Robert M. Gary
April 29th 07, 10:17 PM
On Apr 28, 8:32 pm, M > wrote:
> According to the comments on airnav.com regarding Modesto airport
> (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMOD/SKY_TREK#c), someone mentioned
> that Shell has been selling gasoline without ethanol in northern
> California gas stations since 2006. Is it true?

I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

-robert

M[_1_]
April 29th 07, 10:41 PM
On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:

> I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.

The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.

Robert M. Gary
April 30th 07, 06:09 PM
On Apr 29, 2:41 pm, M > wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:
>
> > I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.
>
> The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.

Interesting!! If that's true, I'm going to stock up! I can't run mogas
in my Mooney but it would be nice to not have to overhaul the carbs in
my lawn mower, edger, and weed eater every spring to get the corn
syrup out.

-Robert

RST Engineering
April 30th 07, 06:32 PM
This is either an urban legend or Shell headquarters doesn't know what is
going on in the field.

It is, however, true that the Californicate law requiring ethanol sunset
last year; it is no longer mandated.

I emailed Shell headquarters (in Houston) yesterday and asked if this "no
ethanol" in its premium fuel is correct and they said no, all their fuels
contain ethanol. If anybody has hard evidence to the contrary, I'd sure
like to hear about it.

Jim

"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 29, 2:41 pm, M > wrote:
>> On Apr 29, 2:17 pm, "Robert M. Gary" > wrote:
>>
>> > I thought the ethanol content was mandated by California law.
>>
>> The ethanol blending law expired last year and it wasn't renewed.
>
> Interesting!! If that's true, I'm going to stock up! I can't run mogas
> in my Mooney but it would be nice to not have to overhaul the carbs in
> my lawn mower, edger, and weed eater every spring to get the corn
> syrup out.
>
> -Robert

RST Engineering
April 30th 07, 06:34 PM
As an aside, anybody (service station or not) can get as much pure gasoline
of any octane that they wish from regular to premium at the refineries over
in Pittsburgh (CA) and Antioch (CA) ... the kicker being (and how Modesto
does it) in 8000 gallon minimum loads.

Jim

M[_1_]
May 1st 07, 12:26 AM
On Apr 30, 10:32 am, "RST Engineering" >
wrote:

> I emailed Shell headquarters (in Houston) yesterday and asked if this "no
> ethanol" in its premium fuel is correct and they said no, all their fuels
> contain ethanol. If anybody has hard evidence to the contrary, I'd sure
> like to hear about it.

Since it's very easy to test, can someone in California do a quick
test next time you fill up your car?

Google