PDA

View Full Version : Eurofighter Costs

John Cook
July 9th 03, 11:58 AM
Hi all

I came across a news item on
http://www.airpower.at/greymatter/archives/00000049.htm

It has a breakdown of the cost to the Austrian government for 18
Eurofighter typhoon, so we can get an accurate price of an export jet.

I have translated the main part from German as:-
Quote:
The social democrats sees a connection between lowering the pensions
and the purchase of the aircraft. In a resolution they are requesting
a halt to procurement. The information was conveyed by a most
competent source.

EUR 1.132 billion cost for 18 Eurofighters "fly away" - i.e. without
any accessories.

EUR 1.337 billion cost for 18 Eurofighters "fly away" - i.e. without
any accessories - however it includes a EUR 205M Finance deal which
extends over 9 years - 2007 to 2016.

EUR 1.667 billion cost for 18 Eurofighters "system price" - i.e.
including logistics, training, and simulators, but not the EUR 205M
Financing.

EUR 1.969 Billion cost for 18 Eurofighters "system price" including a
EUR 302 Mill Finance deal, i.e. including logistics, training,
simulator -. Financing extending over 9 years v. 2007 to 2016.

On 2 July the number specified of EUR 24 Eurofighters would correspond
to 1.791 billion "fly away" - i.e. without any accessories - in the
case of the cash payment in the case of supply to the offering
conditions at that time.
END QUOTE:

So the Flyaway cost of each Batch 2 Typhoon is :-
EUR 62,890,000

The flyaway Cost of each Typhoon with a 9 year finance deal is :-
EUR 74,280,000

The System Cost of each Typhoon without the 9 year finance deal, and
including Logistics, Training, and Simulators is :-
EUR 74,280,000

The System Cost of each Typhoon including the 9 year finance deal, and
including Logistics, Training, and Simulators is :-
EUR 109,380,000

Hope that sorts out a few questions, All prices are in Euro's.

Cheers

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-

Eurofighter Website :- http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk

Google