PDA

View Full Version : Re: US Forces Not Going Home Soon

Gooneybird
July 18th 03, 12:55 AM
S. Sampson wrote:
> "Vaughn" > wrote
>> "Freeman" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hard luck, lads, you're in it for the empire!
>>
>> If we are still there when the next US presidential campaign gets going
>> good, you can be pretty sure that GWB will be a one-termer.
>
> I would almost agree with you, but for the lack of a viable Democratic
> candidate. No Senator has ever been elected President.

That'll come as a terrible shock to the ghosts of Harry Truman, JFK, and LBJ.

George Z.

ArtKramr
July 18th 03, 03:14 AM
>Subject: Re: US Forces Not Going Home Soon
>From: "Vaughn"
>Date: 7/17/03 3:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>

>"Freeman" > wrote in message
m...
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/3066983.stm
>>
>> Hard luck, lads, you're in it for the empire!
>
> If we are still there when the next US presidential campaign gets going
>good, you can be pretty sure that GWB will be a one-termer.

During WW II they told us the way it was. They said we were in for the
duration plus 6 months or at the convenience of the government.They should
have told these troops the same thing, then there would have been no anger and
no sense of betrayal.

Arthur Kramer
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

S. Sampson
July 19th 03, 01:24 AM
"W. D. Allen Sr." > wrote

> In 2008 when GWB cannot run and has not groomed
> a follow-on Republican candidate we will see "Shrillary"
> taking over the White House!

You're on drugs. I can think of 10 women who are more
qualified, and don't have the baggage of the carpetbagger
from Manhattan.

Steve Hix
July 19th 03, 03:43 AM
In article >,
"S. Sampson" > wrote:

> "W. D. Allen Sr." > wrote
> >
> > In 2008 when GWB cannot run and has not groomed
> > a follow-on Republican candidate we will see "Shrillary"
> > taking over the White House!
>
> You're on drugs. I can think of 10 women who are more
> qualified, and don't have the baggage of the carpetbagger
> from Manhattan.

But how many with as much or more chutzpah?

Google