PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds in Ireland?

JDupre5762
July 19th 03, 12:25 AM
Does anyone know what airport in Ireland would have the most antique, classic
or warbird aircraft? Would such aircraft be visible to a road bound visitor?

Thanks to all,

John Dupre'

Cub Driver
July 19th 03, 10:43 AM
>Does anyone know what airport in Ireland would have the most antique, classic
>or warbird aircraft? Would such aircraft be visible to a road bound visitor?

Gosh, John, I don't think you're going to find many of those. Perhaps
this trip you ought to concentrate on dolmens and forts?

Antiques, maybe. Warbirds seems a stretch for a country that hasn't
been at war with a foreign country (as opposed to a colonial occupier)
since the Vikings raided the coast.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub

Avalon
July 19th 03, 12:59 PM
"JDupre5762" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know what airport in Ireland would have the most antique,
classic
> or warbird aircraft? Would such aircraft be visible to a road bound
visitor?

> Thanks to all,
>
> John Dupre'

History of The Irish Air Corps - War Years

http://www.military.ie/aircorps/history3.htm

Peter

JDupre5762
July 19th 03, 01:27 PM
>> Does anyone know what airport in Ireland would have the most antique,
>classic
>> or warbird aircraft? Would such aircraft be visible to a road bound
>visitor?

>> Thanks to all,
>>
>> John Dupre'

>From: "Avalon"

>History of The Irish Air Corps - War Years
>
>http://www.military.ie/aircorps/history3.htm
>
>Peter

Baldonnel! I knew I had read of an Irish Air Corps Musuem but was having a
hard time coming up with a location. Thanks Peter.

John Dupre'

Google