PDA

View Full Version : HFDTM100GPSDATUM: Required?

June 5th 07, 06:57 PM
Looking at my log from a flight recorded by my 302A, I don't see
WGS-84, as I would expect, after - HFDTM100GPSDATUM:
Is it required for FAI badge flights? A friend's 302A also shows the
same lack. Another friend carries a handheld Garmin, and his says -
HODTM100GPSDATUM: WGS-84
Will this cause a problem with FAI badge claims? (I finally finished
off my gold last weekend.

Thanks,
Jim (Uniform Fox)

Marc Ramsey
June 5th 07, 08:25 PM
wrote:
> Looking at my log from a flight recorded by my 302A, I don't see
> WGS-84, as I would expect, after - HFDTM100GPSDATUM:
> Is it required for FAI badge flights? A friend's 302A also shows the
> same lack. Another friend carries a handheld Garmin, and his says -
> HODTM100GPSDATUM: WGS-84
> Will this cause a problem with FAI badge claims? (I finally finished
> off my gold last weekend.

There is no problem, the critical portion of the HFDTM record is the
"100", that is the specification defined code for WGS84, the rest is
informational. The reason the Garmin record starts HODTM100 is that the
"O" indicates that an Observer supplied the information (i.e. it is
manually entered), as opposed to the "F" which indicates that the flight
recorder supplied it...

Marc

June 5th 07, 10:34 PM
On Jun 5, 12:25 pm, Marc Ramsey > wrote:
> wrote:
> > Looking at my log from a flight recorded by my 302A, I don't see
> > WGS-84, as I would expect, after - HFDTM100GPSDATUM:
> > Is it required for FAI badge flights? A friend's 302A also shows the
> > same lack. Another friend carries a handheld Garmin, and his says -
> > HODTM100GPSDATUM: WGS-84
> > Will this cause a problem with FAI badge claims? (I finally finished
> > off my gold last weekend.
>
> There is no problem, the critical portion of the HFDTM record is the
> "100", that is the specification defined code for WGS84, the rest is
> informational. The reason the Garmin record starts HODTM100 is that the
> "O" indicates that an Observer supplied the information (i.e. it is
> manually entered), as opposed to the "F" which indicates that the flight
> recorder supplied it...
>
> Marc

Thanks! Ya' gotta' love the RAS!

Google