PDA

View Full Version : AIR : PGM's in Air war over Chechnya

Simon Johanson
August 7th 03, 08:28 PM
Hiya
was just browsing through my copies of WAPJ and reading Vol 42's
article about the Russian Forces in Chechnya when I came across a piece
which claimed the PGM's employed in that conflict had a poor success rate
due to the high altitude causing missile/bomb control surfaces to freeze up
and hence the weapon to miss its target, so I was wondering......do the
Western PGM's suffer from the same problem and if not why not? because it
just seems to me that the same problems should be encountered by any
bomb/missile launched from high altitude unless it is to do more with
quality control during manufacture?

Simon

---

Google