During this attack, didn't Ralph make that famous radio call:"I've got 'em
cornered"? Or something to that effect.
VL

Tex Houston
September 6th 03, 04:36 AM
"MLenoch" > wrote in message
> >Although now alone, Ralph
> >decided to attack them all .
>
> During this attack, didn't Ralph make that famous radio call:"I've got 'em
> cornered"? Or something to that effect.
> VL

Parr didn't watch the MiG hit the ground. "I didn't have time to gloat - I
had 15 other guys up there." In quick succession, the young Sabre pilot
downed one more MiG and damaged another before the remaining enemy aircraft
split up and headed for home.

Three-war Veteran. The legend of Ralph Parr took root when a debriefing
officer later joked about how the captain had "cornered" an entire squadron
of 16 MiGs that day.

From: http://www.legion.org/korea/recent_articles/tales9p.htm

Tex Houston

Gordon
September 6th 03, 05:19 PM
Wow, this is really great writing Mike - any chance you could give a little
credit to the writer? I appreciate the stories you've been posting, but as a
friendly suggestion, you might want to provide your sources. If you're the
writer of the piece, say so - its very well done.

Gordon

September 6th 03, 10:45 PM
Mike Marron > wrote:

(Gordon) wrote:

>>Wow, this is really great writing Mike - any chance you could give a little
>>credit to the writer? I appreciate the stories you've been posting, but as a
>>friendly suggestion, you might want to provide your sources. If you're the
>>writer of the piece, say so - its very well done.
>
>I thought it was obvious that these stories were authored by someone
>else (in fact, if you look you'll see that some even have attributes).
>They've been forwarded to me and I'm simply forwarding them along to
>the NG as a favor. I can cease doing so if it's going to be a problem.
>
>-Mike (no good deed goes unpunished) Marron

Jesus Mike, don't be so damned touchy...Gordon was 'most'
polite...I agree with him too, I had to look carefully to see if
you had written them, and I still wasn't really sure. Please take
his remarks in the spirit that they were given. We do appreciate
your passing them on. Good stuff. Thanks.
--

-Gord.

Mike Marron
September 7th 03, 03:05 AM
(Gordon) wrote:

>Ok, so if some have attributes and some don't, we are to assume that you wrote
>neither. Got it.

Normally I write my name under everything I post. None of the
forwarded stories had my name on them. Clearly, the first story
about Marseille was attributed to a USAF officer (Major Tate).
I could be wrong but I think "Stallion 51" (whomever that is) wrote
the story about Bruce Carr. And the following story appeared to
contain excerpts from Joe Foss' autobiography (again, I could be
wrong). It's obvious that Bill Hardy himself wrote the story I
forwarded on 3 Sep and I have no idea who wrote the last story
about Ralph Parr (hence the "FWD" in the subject header).

>Never said it was a problem, I gave a small suggestion. Sorry that a
>suggestion to you is a problem, but that's on you - I didn't say anything to
>suggest it was.

See above. You suggested that I "give a little credit to the writer"
and I explained (twice now) that some of them were indeed
credited to the writer. I belong to a listserve that sends me these
entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
neither the time nor the desire to provide for you. If that's the
case, then I simply won't forward them to RAM anymore. That's
all I'm saying.

-Mike (take it or leave it, your choice) Marron

ArtKramr
September 7th 03, 03:10 AM

(Gordon) wrote:

>>Ok, so if some have attributes and some don't, we are to assume that you
>wrote
>>neither. Got it.
>
>Normally I write my name under everything I post. None of the
>forwarded stories had my name on them. Clearly, the first story
>about Marseille was attributed to a USAF officer (Major Tate).
>I could be wrong but I think "Stallion 51" (whomever that is) wrote
>the story about Bruce Carr. And the following story appeared to
>contain excerpts from Joe Foss' autobiography (again, I could be
>wrong). It's obvious that Bill Hardy himself wrote the story I
>forwarded on 3 Sep and I have no idea who wrote the last story
>about Ralph Parr (hence the "FWD" in the subject header).
>
>>Never said it was a problem, I gave a small suggestion. Sorry that a
>>suggestion to you is a problem, but that's on you - I didn't say anything to
>>suggest it was.
>
>See above. You suggested that I "give a little credit to the writer"
>and I explained (twice now) that some of them were indeed
>credited to the writer. I belong to a listserve that sends me these
>entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
>on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
>because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
>neither the time nor the desire to provide for you. If that's the
>case, then I simply won't forward them to RAM anymore. That's
>all I'm saying.
>
>-Mike (take it or leave it, your choice) Marron

Serves you right for trying to be helpful and contributing to the NG. (sheesh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Mike Marron
September 7th 03, 04:01 AM
(Gordon) wrote:

>>>Ok, so if some have attributes and some don't, we are to assume that you
>>>wrote neither. Got it.

>>Normally I write my name under everything I post. None of the
>>forwarded stories had my name on them. Clearly, the first story
>>about Marseille was attributed to a USAF officer (Major Tate).
>>I could be wrong but I think "Stallion 51" (whomever that is) wrote
>>the story about Bruce Carr. And the following story appeared to
>>contain excerpts from Joe Foss' autobiography (again, I could be
>>wrong). It's obvious that Bill Hardy himself wrote the story I
>>forwarded on 3 Sep and I have no idea who wrote the last story
>>about Ralph Parr (hence the "FWD" in the subject header).

>>>Never said it was a problem, I gave a small suggestion. Sorry that a
>>>suggestion to you is a problem, but that's on you - I didn't say anything to
>>>suggest it was.

>>See above. You suggested that I "give a little credit to the writer"
>>and I explained (twice now) that some of them were indeed
>>credited to the writer. I belong to a listserve that sends me these
>>entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
>>on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
>>because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
>>neither the time nor the desire to provide for you. If that's the
>>case, then I simply won't forward them to RAM anymore. That's
>>all I'm saying.

>>-Mike (take it or leave it, your choice) Marron

>Serves you right for trying to be helpful and contributing to the NG. (sheesh)

Yep. When will I ever learn!

-Mike (no good deed...) Marron

Billy Beck
September 7th 03, 05:52 AM
Mike Marron > wrote:

>I belong to a listserve that sends me these
>entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
>on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
>because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
>neither the time nor the desire to provide for you.

That's not cool, Mike.

You do what you want, but I, for one, would never pass something
like that on without being able to cite it properly. I guess it's
just me and my thing for proper history and scholarship, but it's not
cool.

And I wonder how people could possibly be so lazy and
disrespectful. Anyone who would take the time to come up with stuff
like that -- which deserves the attention -- is just a goddamned
useless slacker for not going the extra two minutes it would take to
*cite* it.

I'd get tossed off that listserv in a heartbeat for telling 'em
so.

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php

Mike Marron
September 7th 03, 03:31 PM
>Billy Beck <> wrote:
>>Mike Marron > wrote:

>>I belong to a listserve that sends me these
>>entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
>>on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
>>because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
>>neither the time nor the desire to provide for you.

>That's not cool, Mike.

>You do what you want, but I, for one, would never pass something
>like that on without being able to cite it properly. I guess it's
>just me and my thing for proper history and scholarship, but it's not
>cool.

>And I wonder how people could possibly be so lazy and
>disrespectful. Anyone who would take the time to come up with stuff
>like that -- which deserves the attention -- is just a goddamned
>useless slacker for not going the extra two minutes it would take to
>*cite* it.

>I'd get tossed off that listserv in a heartbeat for telling 'em
>so.

It's just an informal goddamn group of fighter pilots communicating
w/each other via email (I was invited to join the group by a friend).
You know, one of those long list of address strings copy and pasted in
the "To" field. It's not even a bona fide Yahoo email group for gawd's
sake!

What, are you going to throw the baby out with the bathwater simply
because they aren't citing *themselves* or their fellow comrades email
messages via proper "proper" MLA style? GMAFB!!

In any event, being a list of some 60 past and present fighter pilots
swapping stories w/each other via email is pretty cool and I've been
enjoying the hell out of their stories myself. And I will continue to
do so...but I damn sure won't share them with "RAM" (misnomer?)
since it seems to have caused such a problem for some.

-Mike (...damndest thing I've seen!) Marron

September 7th 03, 04:13 PM
Mike Marron > wrote:

> And I will continue to
>do so...but I damn sure won't share them with "RAM" (misnomer?)
>since it seems to have caused such a problem for some.
>
>-Mike (...damndest thing I've seen!) Marron

<sigh>
--

-Gord.

Jukka O. Kauppinen
September 7th 03, 06:14 PM
> In any event, being a list of some 60 past and present fighter pilots
> swapping stories w/each other via email is pretty cool and I've been
> enjoying the hell out of their stories myself. And I will continue to
> do so...but I damn sure won't share them with "RAM" (misnomer?)
> since it seems to have caused such a problem for some.

The stories are great. Just add the original credit who wrote it, or if
the author doesn't want his name published then "From fighter pilots'
e-mail list" and the all is well.

I definitely want to read more of the stories but as always, even in
internet writings, author must be always mentioned. Otherwise people
will first think the poster did it.

jok

ArtKramr
September 7th 03, 07:38 PM
>Subject: Re: Fwd: Ralph Parr
>From: "Gord Beaman" )
>Date: 9/7/03 11:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>
>"Jukka O. Kauppinen" >
>wrote:
>

>>I definitely want to read more of the stories but as always, even in
>>internet writings, author must be always mentioned. Otherwise people
>>will first think the poster did it.
>>
>>jok
>
>Of course...a calm sensible remark...so unlike the shrill
>paranoid hysteria shown on this thread of late...
>--
>
>-Gord.

The stories were obviously not written by the same man. Style makes that clear.
And they were not written by Marron since his style in his posts is nothing
like that of the stories. I never for one moment thought that Marron wrote them
That is obvious since Marron himself said he was never in combat so first
person stories leave no doubt whatever..

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Mike Marron
September 7th 03, 08:43 PM
>"Gord Beaman" wrote:
>>"Jukka O. Kauppinen" wrote:

>>I definitely want to read more of the stories but as always, even in
>>internet writings, author must be always mentioned. Otherwise people
>>will first think the poster did it.

>>jok

>Of course...a calm sensible remark...so unlike the shrill
>paranoid hysteria shown on this thread of late...

Gee Gord, aren't you the one who slammed Ed Rasimus just two
days ago after he simply posted a harmless and amusing
little anecdote about him flying a multi-engine trash hauler?

In case you forgot already:

Gord:

More like 'lack of knowledge by fighter jocks' has reared it's
ugly head I'd say...

It's quite amazing to me that a supposedly intelligent pilot like
Ed would show his bare ass so badly in public .

Can he really not know the excellent reason for all that "Crew
Cooperation" that he so scornfully knocks has it's rightful place
in the cockpit of a machine that's carrying maybe 400 or 500
innocent humans at ~600 MPH and several miles above the earth?.

Let me tell you Ed, there's an excellent reason.

It's called SAFETY.

Catch some clues mister.
--

-Gord.

-Mike (like I said, no good deed goes unpunished) Marron

Mike Marron
September 7th 03, 08:53 PM
> (ArtKramr) wrote:

>The stories were obviously not written by the same man. Style makes that clear.
>And they were not written by Marron since his style in his posts is nothing
>like that of the stories. I never for one moment thought that Marron wrote them
>That is obvious since Marron himself said he was never in combat so first
>person stories leave no doubt whatever..

Exactly right.

-Mike (still chuckling over your "Patton" story) Marron

September 7th 03, 09:07 PM
Mike Marron > wrote:

>>"Gord Beaman" wrote:
>>>"Jukka O. Kauppinen" wrote:
>
>>>I definitely want to read more of the stories but as always, even in
>>>internet writings, author must be always mentioned. Otherwise people
>>>will first think the poster did it.
>
>>>jok
>
>>Of course...a calm sensible remark...so unlike the shrill
>>paranoid hysteria shown on this thread of late...
>
>Gee Gord, aren't you the one who slammed Ed Rasimus just two
>days ago after he simply posted a harmless and amusing
>little anecdote about him flying a multi-engine trash hauler?

I guess it's true what they say about beauty (etc) being in the
eye of the beholder...wot?... :)
--

-Gord.

Billy Beck
September 8th 03, 02:08 AM
"Jukka O. Kauppinen" > wrote:

>> In any event, being a list of some 60 past and present fighter pilots
>> swapping stories w/each other via email is pretty cool and I've been
>> enjoying the hell out of their stories myself. And I will continue to
>> do so...but I damn sure won't share them with "RAM" (misnomer?)
>> since it seems to have caused such a problem for some.
>
>The stories are great. Just add the original credit who wrote it, or if
>the author doesn't want his name published then "From fighter pilots'
>e-mail list" and the all is well.

That's exactly right. How hard could it be? If these things are
originally authored in the list, then put the writer's name in the
post.

Consider this: this stuff is going into an archive, Mike. You
can bet that, someday, someone is going to stumble over it, see its
value and sit there thinking, "Dammit. I wish I knew who wrote that."

>I definitely want to read more of the stories...

Me too.

>...but as always, even in
>internet writings, author must be always mentioned. Otherwise people
>will first think the poster did it.

Come on, man. This not rocket-surgery. It's just common sense
and respect for someone else's work.

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php

Mike Marron
September 8th 03, 02:27 PM
>"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:
>>Mike Marron > wrote:

>>Gee Gord, aren't you the one who slammed Ed Rasimus just two
>>days ago after he simply posted a harmless and amusing
>>little anecdote about him flying a multi-engine trash hauler?

>I guess it's true what they say about beauty (etc) being in the
>eye of the beholder...wot?... :)

I guess what you say about CRM being "the biggest addition overall
to a/c safety that's happened in a long time" is NOT always true:

***

Canadian officials are wondering how an Air Canada Airbus A319
crew on a perfectly clear August day appeared to set up to land
at a tiny municipal airport in British Columbia, instead of their real
destination.

The Transportation Safety Board (TSB) is investigating the incident
in which the A319, with its gear down and flaps partly extended, lined
up for the 75-feet-wide by 3360-feet-long Runway 23 at Vernon
Regional Airport.

The crew, which descended as low as 780 feet over the city of Vernon,
apparently realized its mistake and went looking for Kelowna
International, about 30 miles away.

The flight from Toronto carried 87 passengers and five crew.

TSB spokesman Bill Yearwood told the National Post, "The pilots
descended low enough that, for all intents and purposes, they
appeared to be lost, and that's a concern."

Yearwood is convinced the airliner would never have completed
the landing but the incident is being investigated. Yearwood said that
because of restricted airspace adjacent to the Kelowna Airport caused
by a nearby forest fire, the Air Canada flight had to perform a VFR
approach instead of the standard IFR approach.

Yearwood said there's some question whether the crew had VFR
charts on board. Yearwood wouldn't speculate on whether they might
have mistaken Vernon (pop. 35,000) for Kelowna (pop. 100,000) but a
Vernon flight instructor said it sure looked that way to him.

Tyler Chambers and a student were turning final for the same runway
when he spotted the Airbus about two miles to the north of the
airport. When the Airbus turned to line up with the Vernon Airport,
Chambers said he aborted the landing and veered out of the big jet's
path.

Air Canada hasn't commented on the details of the incident but an
industry insider told the Post the mishap is a "huge embarrassment" to
the airline and the crew.

[By The AVweb Editorial Staff, September 7, 2003]

***

-Mike (CRM my butt, try learning simple VFR navigation first!) Marron

Gordon
September 8th 03, 02:52 PM
I loved the story, Mike - but if my asking who wrote it causes you this much of
a problem, just pretend I didn't. Taking your ball and going home isn't a very
adult reaction to my request, as is assuming we should all know you didn't
write the thing.

Gordon
PS, if you're looking for the warm fuzzy internet, where everyone agrees with
you and you're as popular as a new cheerleader, all I can say is, this ain't
it. We still love the stories. As my old chief counseled, "Grow a thicker
skin, or die."

ArtKramr
September 8th 03, 03:08 PM
>Subject: Re: Fwd: Ralph Parr
>From: (Gordon)
>Date: 9/8/03 6:52 AM Pacific

>, if you're looking for the warm fuzzy internet, where everyone agrees with
>you and you're as popular as a new cheerleader, all I can say is, this ain't
>it. We st

Maybe a simple thank you for the stories might be in order. Don't you?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Mike Marron
September 8th 03, 03:43 PM
(Gordon) wrote:

>I loved the story, Mike - but if my asking who wrote it causes you this much of
>a problem, just pretend I didn't.

Hey, don't get bossy with ME, pal.

>Taking your ball and going home isn't a very adult reaction to my request,
>as is assuming we should all know you didn't write the thing.

Looking back, trying to do a good thing was a mistake on my part
considering how low the common denominator often sinks to around
here. Case in point: look at how Gord slammed Ed Rasimus several
days ago after Ed simply posted a harmless and amusing little anecdote
about him flying a T-29:

Gord:

More like 'lack of knowledge by fighter jocks' has reared it's
ugly head I'd say...

It's quite amazing to me that a supposedly intelligent pilot like
Ed would show his bare ass so badly in public .

Can he really not know the excellent reason for all that "Crew
Cooperation" that he so scornfully knocks has it's rightful place
in the cockpit of a machine that's carrying maybe 400 or 500
innocent humans at ~600 MPH and several miles above the earth?.

Let me tell you Ed, there's an excellent reason.

It's called SAFETY.

Catch some clues mister.
--

-Gord.

>Gordon
>PS, if you're looking for the warm fuzzy internet, where everyone agrees with
>you and you're as popular as a new cheerleader, all I can say is, this ain't
>it.

Anyone who knows me would probably laugh at that statement. I'm damn
sure not the type whose out to win any juvenile popularity contests.

>We still love the stories. As my old chief counseled, "Grow a thicker
>skin, or die."

Glad ya' enjoyed them Gordon. But since you don't seem to get it,
allow me to explain a couple things that really are just plain ol'
common sense and common courtesy:

First, I was just the messenger and didn't write the stories therefore
it doesn't matter to me whether or not everyone agrees with me. I'm
fully capable of taking care of myself. The problem is that the
authors aren't here to defend themselves against nitpickers like you
who would inevitably tear apart both the stories and the authors
(whom, like I said, aren't here to defend themselves). QED.

Second, asking me to continue on sending the stories after you insult
me with your repeated condescending retorts such as the ones above
is asking a bit much, doncha' think? I kinda' view this NG as a
virtual hangar party where buds can sit around, beer in hand, and
swap friendly stories and info back and forth. Now, I don't know what
hangar parties your "old chief" has attended, but the one's I've
been to the participants don't usually sit around on the lawn chairs,
drink your beer, eat your food....and then insult you and call you
names!

-Mike (no good deed...) Marron

Mike Marron
September 8th 03, 03:48 PM
(ArtKramr) wrote:
>>From: (Gordon) wrote:

>>, if you're looking for the warm fuzzy internet, where everyone agrees with
>>you and you're as popular as a new cheerleader, all I can say is, this ain't
>>it. We st

>Maybe a simple thank you for the stories might be in order. Don't you?

Heh. Obviously, common courtesy and civility such as a simple "thanks"
is a foreign concept to some around here.

Anyway, the airport just called and I gotta go fly...

-Mike (in the meantime...illigitimi non carborundum:-) Marron

Gordon
September 8th 03, 04:47 PM

>>I loved the story, Mike - but if my asking who wrote it causes you this much
>of
>>a problem, just pretend I didn't.
>
>Hey, don't get bossy with ME, pal.

I asked a simple question and you act like I had you arrested for plagerism.
Mike, I asked who wrote it. And complimented the piece more than once. I
apologize for asking a question and complimenting the contents of your post. I
promise not to do it again.

>Looking back, trying to do a good thing was a mistake on my part
>considering how low the common denominator often sinks to around
>here. Case in point: look at how Gord slammed Ed Rasimus several
>days ago after Ed simply posted a harmless and amusing little anecdote
>about him flying a T-29:

Excuse me if I don't care about other people's disagreements. As for "sinking
low" by asking for an attribution from you, like I said, I won't do it again.

>>We still love the stories. As my old chief counseled, "Grow a thicker
>>skin, or die."
>
>Glad ya' enjoyed them Gordon. But since you don't seem to get it,
>allow me to explain a couple things that really are just plain ol'
>common sense and common courtesy:
>
>First, I was just the messenger and didn't write the stories

And how the heck would we know that, unless we ask, "DID YOU WRITE THAT"? Not
all of us are as psychic as you give us credit.

> therefore
>it doesn't matter to me whether or not everyone agrees with me. I'm
>fully capable of taking care of myself.

Not sure where that's coming from - I don't agree OR disagree with you; I asked
for the source and your reply was to get upset and refuse to post any more. I
stand by my question - I know it was not improper and I think most reasonable
observers wouldn't think my conduct at that point to be outrageous or
insulting.

> The problem is that the
>authors aren't here to defend themselves against nitpickers like you
>who would inevitably tear apart both the stories and the authors
>(whom, like I said, aren't here to defend themselves). QED.

Wow, that's some chip on your shoulder, Mike. "Nitpickers like you"? I would
"inevitably tear apart the stories and the authors"? Why, you cheeky little
monkey, all I did was COMPLIMENT THE WRITING.

Damn, that must be the nitpicker in me replying - sorry.

>Second, asking me to continue on sending the stories after you insult
>me with your repeated condescending retorts such as the ones above
>is asking a bit much, doncha' think?

Yeah, Mike. Better if you just withhold your postings, to teach all of us a
lesson. Apparently, asking you for a source is "asking a bit much".

> I kinda' view this NG as a
>virtual hangar party where buds can sit around, beer in hand, and
>swap friendly stories and info back and forth.

That's why most of us are here. But since this is not verbal communication and
some people in here collect the stories, occasionally someone will make the
grand mal faux pas of asking, "Where'd you hear that?" At which point, the
poster can choose to overreact and refuse to participate, or he can say, "Gee,
I don't know." You pick.

> Now, I don't know what
>hangar parties your "old chief" has attended, but the one's I've
>been to the participants don't usually sit around on the lawn chairs,
>drink your beer, eat your food....

You must own your own hangar, if its "your beer" and "your food". At every
squadron party I've been at, there were people who had good stories to tell and
I am not the sort to raise my hand and correct small inconsistancies. In your
case, your nose went out of joint the moment I asked where the story came from
- I can't understand how that can be seen as nitpicking or insulting.

>and then insult you and call you
>names!

I don't recall insulting you in that first reply of mine, or any name-calling.
You posted an excellent piece of prose about a magnificent airman and I asked
if you wrote it, suggesting if it wasn't you that you might include the
author's name. Like many , I watch this newsgroup and periodically see a gem
go by - a story like old Ralph's there. When we see such content, we save it
as text files. I am not the only person that does this, nor am I the only one
that likes to have the author's name to go along with the text, so I can
properly quote from it in future discussions. Also, I have never heard it to
be rude to ask the source of a document - never.

Gordon 'the Punisher'

Gordon
September 8th 03, 04:50 PM

>Maybe a simple thank you for the stories might be in order. Don't you?

Art, I thanked him in the very first reply - the same reply where I asked the
source. My 'thanks' were ignored, so he could get started with his snappy
comeback. In each of my statements to him on this thread, I have complimented
the article; in each case, my compliment was ignored. I give up.

Gordon
September 8th 03, 04:52 PM

>>Maybe a simple thank you for the stories might be in order. Don't you?
>
>Heh. Obviously, common courtesy and civility such as a simple "thanks"
>is a foreign concept to some around here.

Hi, Mike. Go back and re-read my original reply. First word of that reply?
"THANKS".

Tarver Engineering
September 8th 03, 05:00 PM
"Gordon" > wrote in message

> >>I loved the story, Mike - but if my asking who wrote it causes you this
much
> >of
> >>a problem, just pretend I didn't.
> >
> >Hey, don't get bossy with ME, pal.
>
> I asked a simple question and you act like I had you arrested for
plagerism.
> Mike, I asked who wrote it. And complimented the piece more than once. I
> apologize for asking a question and complimenting the contents of your
post. I
> promise not to do it again.

Well now that you mention it, ram is not a school, so what Mike is doing may
be a rime.

B2431
September 8th 03, 05:54 PM
>-Mike (in the meantime...illigitimi non carborundum:-) Marron

Last time I tried Latin Julius was living in the caesarian section, but I think
the expression is "illigitimus non tatum carborundum."

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Mike Marron
September 8th 03, 06:13 PM
(Gordon) wrote:

[triple-tear-ass-tizzy-fit snipped]

>Yeah, Mike. Better if you just withhold your postings, to teach all of us a
>lesson. Apparently, asking you for a source is "asking a bit much".

OK OK already! Geez!! Since you're the type that gets down on your
knees and begs when your wife cuts ya' off...

http://www.shadoehaze.com/audio/songs/Booty%20Love.m3u

-Mike (give up da' booty) Marron

September 8th 03, 07:56 PM
Mike Marron > wrote:

>I guess what you say about CRM being "the biggest addition overall
>to a/c safety that's happened in a long time" is NOT always true:

--cut--

>-Mike (CRM my butt, try learning simple VFR navigation first!) Marron

I'm absolutely ASTOUNDED!!...most amazing thing I've ever
seen!!...

-Gord(please excuse this guy God - he's having an off day)Beaman
:)

--
Gord Beaman
PEI Canada.

Gordon
September 8th 03, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the lesson in 'common courtesy', Mike. Coming from you, I can tell
it really means something.

Gordon

ArtKramr
September 8th 03, 09:54 PM

(ArtKramr) wrote:
>>>From: (Gordon) wrote:
>

>>>, if you're looking for the warm fuzzy internet, where everyone agrees with
>>>you and you're as popular as a new cheerleader, all I can say is, this
>ain't
>>>it. We st
>
>>Maybe a simple thank you for the stories might be in order. Don't you?
>
>Heh. Obviously, common courtesy and civility such as a simple "thanks"
>is a foreign concept to some around here.
>
>Anyway, the airport just called and I gotta go fly...
>
>-Mike (in the meantime...illigitimi non carborundum:-) Marron

As someone who has years of experience posting personal combat accounts I can
tell you that "Thank You's" are very few and far between.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Jack G
September 8th 03, 11:40 PM
Last reunion I went to was nothing but a bunch of old people I had never
seen before in my life...

Jack
> --
> Gord Beaman
> PEI Canada.
> "I hate reunions, everyone's grown
> so old that they can't recognise me
> any more".

September 9th 03, 01:26 AM
"Jack G" > wrote:

>Last reunion I went to was nothing but a bunch of old people I had never
>seen before in my life...
>
>Jack
>> --
>> Gord Beaman
>> PEI Canada.
>> "I hate reunions, everyone's grown
>> so old that they can't recognise me
>> any more".

"I rest my case"!! :) :)

(btw Jack, that's from an ancient post, where'd you find it)?
--

-Gord.

Jack G
September 9th 03, 01:50 AM
Your post today - 11:56 A.M. This thread...

Jack
Everett WA

> (btw Jack, that's from an ancient post, where'd you find it)?
> --
>
> -Gord.

Mike Marron
September 9th 03, 07:18 PM
>MikeS18xx > wrote:

>There's also little excuse when you have a Roadrunner connection.

Having a broadband connection has nothing to do with citing sources.
I'll post more fighter pilot stories when they're sent to me with
proper attribution so that there's no confusion as to who wrote the
story.

-Mike Marron

MikeS18xx
September 9th 03, 07:24 PM
In article >, Billy Beck <>
wrote:

>Mike Marron > wrote:
>
>>I belong to a listserve that sends me these
>>entertaining short storys exactly as you saw them as forwarded
>>on this here NG. Now, obviously you DO have a "problem" with that
>>because you're asking for more attribution -- attribution that I have
>>neither the time nor the desire to provide for you.
>
> That's not cool, Mike.
>
> You do what you want, but I, for one, would never pass something
>like that on without being able to cite it properly. I guess it's
>just me and my thing for proper history and scholarship, but it's not
>cool.

There's also little excuse when you have a Roadrunner connection.

--

Reply to sans two @@, or your reply won't reach me.

"An election is nothing more than an advance auction of stolen goods."
-- Ambrose Bierce

Gordon
September 9th 03, 11:31 PM
>Having a broadband connection has nothing to do with citing sources.
>I'll post more fighter pilot stories when they're sent to me with
>proper attribution so that there's no confusion as to who wrote the
>story.

Thanks, Mike. That's appreciated.

I wait for the day when someone comes up with some Diz Laird stories - I wonder
if anyone here knows him?

Gordon

Billy Beck
September 10th 03, 02:41 AM
Mike Marron > wrote:

>>MikeS18xx > wrote:
>
>>There's also little excuse when you have a Roadrunner connection.
>
>Having a broadband connection has nothing to do with citing sources.
>I'll post more fighter pilot stories when they're sent to me with
>proper attribution so that there's no confusion as to who wrote the
>story.

Good deal, Mike. I will definitely look forward to 'em.

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php

Google