October 12th 03, 08:05 PM
Three friends on same path to the sky

(EXCERPT) , By Nancy Montgomery, Stars and Stripes European edition,
Sunday, October 12, 2003

You could have seen them flying down their Northern Virginia high
school field a few years ago, their lacrosse racquets grasped in their
fists as they raced toward the goal. Teammates Karen, Brande and Linda
played hard, and all took honors classes. They graduated from the same
high school in the same year, and they lived in the same neighborhood
— even for a while on the same little street, named Lobelia Lane.

Now they live in different parts of the world. They’re still flying.
This time, though, it’s with their hands on the controls, in the
cockpits of a C-17 transport, an Apache gunship and a Black Hawk h...

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully reproducing
copyrighted material. In abidance with our laws this report
cannot be provided in its entirety. However, you can read it
in full today, 12 Oct 2003, at the following URL. (COMBINE
the following lines into your web browser.) The
subject/content of this report is not necessarily the
viewpoint of the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=18044

---------------------------
Otis Willie
Associate Librarian
The American War Library
http://www.americanwarlibrary.com

Ian Craig
October 12th 03, 09:17 PM
Excuse my ignorance but is this an official publication? Reason I ask is
that the caption underneath the C17 pilot states that "Karen Courington's
first mission in her C-17 was to Ascension Island in the Pacific."

Ascension island is in the South Atlantic? Staging post for the naval
taskforce that set sail in 82 to the Falklands.

"Otis Willie" > wrote in message
> Three friends on same path to the sky
>
> (EXCERPT) , By Nancy Montgomery, Stars and Stripes European edition,
> Sunday, October 12, 2003
>
> You could have seen them flying down their Northern Virginia high
> school field a few years ago, their lacrosse racquets grasped in their
> fists as they raced toward the goal. Teammates Karen, Brande and Linda
> played hard, and all took honors classes. They graduated from the same
> high school in the same year, and they lived in the same neighborhood
> - even for a while on the same little street, named Lobelia Lane.
>
> Now they live in different parts of the world. They're still flying.
> This time, though, it's with their hands on the controls, in the
> cockpits of a C-17 transport, an Apache gunship and a Black Hawk h...
>
> U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully reproducing
> copyrighted material. In abidance with our laws this report
> cannot be provided in its entirety. However, you can read it
> in full today, 12 Oct 2003, at the following URL. (COMBINE
> the following lines into your web browser.) The
> subject/content of this report is not necessarily the
> viewpoint of the distributing Library. This report is provided
> for your information and discussion.
>
> http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=18044

> Otis Willie
> Associate Librarian