PDA

View Full Version : Video from VMC to IMC

December 21st 07, 01:52 PM
My trip from EKY to MBO on Tuesday.

One has to love that IA rating as it's quite amazing how to go from
VMC to IMC in such a short distance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIUS0xAF_4

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1943L/history/20071218/1947Z/KEKY/KMBO

Rest of my aviation related videos are at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BeechSundowner

Allen

Hilton
December 21st 07, 06:41 PM
Allen,

Nice videos, but...

Just make sure that the flying comes before the camera. Seeing videos of
the takeoff roll, flying in reduced visibility, flying in IMC, and rapid
head rotations in IMC raises a lot of safety questions. Maybe that's just
me.

Hilton

> wrote in message
> My trip from EKY to MBO on Tuesday.
>
> One has to love that IA rating as it's quite amazing how to go from
> VMC to IMC in such a short distance
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPIUS0xAF_4
>
> http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1943L/history/20071218/1947Z/KEKY/KMBO
>
> Rest of my aviation related videos are at
> http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BeechSundowner
>
> Allen

December 22nd 07, 12:50 AM
> Just make sure that the flying comes before the camera. *Seeing videos of
> the takeoff roll, flying in reduced visibility, flying in IMC, and rapid
> head rotations in IMC raises a lot of safety questions. *Maybe that's just
> me.

Absolutely agree Hilton and nice of you to keep that reminder out.

Flying is first and foremost, camera is secondary. And to re-inforce
what Hilton sez, IMC is unforgiving, don't do this without extensive
IMC time AND COMPLETE AND FULL knowledge of your plane.

As you can see, the clips were "short" within the video because I had
to fly the plane.

Only reason I was able to do this so successfully was because the air
was so pristine (smooth) and the camera was on the passenger seat
where I could reach for it WITHOUT looking.

IMC is not to be reckoned with.

Allen

Google