PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 182 SMA Diesel, Ferry To Africa

NW_Pilot
January 25th 08, 09:47 AM
You All Can See Photos Here!!!
http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel will update when
I have time and recive more photos...

Going to Be Busy Next Few Weeks!!!

Robert M. Gary
January 25th 08, 04:55 PM
On Jan 25, 1:47*am, "NW_Pilot" <service(Spam)@aircraft"nospam"-me-
ok-"spamer"delivery.net> wrote:
> You All Can See Photos Here!!!http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Dieselwill update when
> I have time and recive more photos...
>
> Going to Be Busy Next Few Weeks!!!

The diesel looks cool but will it still be as slow as a regular
Skylane or is there a cruise improvement too?

-Robert

NW_Pilot
January 27th 08, 01:54 AM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
On Jan 25, 1:47 am, "NW_Pilot" <service(Spam)@aircraft"nospam"-me-
ok-"spamer"delivery.net> wrote:
> You All Can See Photos
> Here!!!http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Dieselwill
> update when
> I have time and recive more photos...
>
> Going to Be Busy Next Few Weeks!!!

The diesel looks cool but will it still be as slow as a regular
Skylane or is there a cruise improvement too?

-Robert

With he turbos it will produce full 230hp at 12,500 less then 9gph and has a
few knots on the top end will port a copy of POH when I recive it.

Morgans[_2_]
January 27th 08, 05:49 AM
"Robert M. Gary" > wrote

The diesel looks cool but will it still be as slow as a regular
Skylane or is there a cruise improvement too?

Faster climb, and faster especially at altitude, being as it has a strong
turbocharger.
--
Jim in NC

Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]
January 27th 08, 10:02 AM
"NW_Pilot" >
wrote in :

> "Robert M. Gary" > wrote in message
> On Jan 25, 1:47 am, "NW_Pilot" <service(Spam)@aircraft"nospam"-me-
> ok-"spamer"delivery.net> wrote:
>> You All Can See Photos
>> Here!!!http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Dieselwill
>> update when
>> I have time and recive more photos...
>>
>> Going to Be Busy Next Few Weeks!!!
>
> The diesel looks cool but will it still be as slow as a regular
> Skylane or is there a cruise improvement too?
>
> -Robert
>

> With he turbos it will produce full 230hp at 12,500 less then 9gph and
> has a few knots on the top end will port a copy of POH when I recive
> it.

What route are you taking through Africa? East side I hope.

Bertie

Robert M. Gary
January 28th 08, 04:00 AM
On Jan 26, 9:49*pm, "Morgans" > wrote:
> "Robert M. Gary" > wrote
>
> The diesel looks cool but will it still be as slow as a regular
> Skylane or is there a cruise improvement too?
>
> Faster climb, and faster especially at altitude, being as it has a strong
> turbocharger.

That's true. It could be a cool little high altitude machine.
-Robert

Andrew Gideon
February 11th 08, 05:42 PM
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:47:41 -0800, NW_Pilot wrote:

> You All Can See Photos Here!!!
> http://www.internationalferryflights.com/Africa_182_Diesel will update
> when I have time and recive more photos...
>
> Going to Be Busy Next Few Weeks!!!

So how is it to fly a 182 with the SMA engine? Is the fuel flow as low
as is claimed? I read here:

http://www.dieselairplanes.com/news.html

"You can cross the Atlantic by the Northern route without ferry tanks"

True?

- Andrew

gwengler
February 19th 08, 05:59 PM
> "You can cross the Atlantic *by the Northern route without ferry tanks"

You can cross via the Northern Route with just about any production
airplane without ferry tanks. Longest distances are about 450NM each
between airports.
Gerd

David Lesher
February 20th 08, 03:21 PM
gwengler > writes:

>> "You can cross the Atlantic =A0by the Northern route without ferry tanks"

>You can cross via the Northern Route with just about any production
>airplane without ferry tanks. Longest distances are about 450NM each
>between airports.

A little longer is the southern route. During WWII, the Allies built a
base in {then} British Guyana for bombers headed to North Africa. It's now
GEO, the international airport.

--
A host is a host from coast to

February 29th 08, 11:21 AM
I am in Doha Qatar Departing Saturday to Atlanta for SMA pick up
wednesday and break in 50 hours overland anyone wanna go? Then Tank
and depart to Tanzinia.

Google