PDA

View Full Version : Re: Bush admits he wanted regime change before 11 September

B2431
January 14th 04, 09:02 PM
>From: "George Z. Bush"

>The significance of that glitch is that he must have been speaking with
>forked tongue during his election campaign, which meant that he was willing to
lie to the voters in order to earn their support. And if that's not true, then
he's
>lying now in claiming an early need for regime change in Iraq.
>
>It's got to be one or the other.....you can't have it both ways.
>Truthfulness does not seem to be one of our President's virtues.
>
>George Z.

Or any other president so why bother bringing it up?

Our last one was impeached for lying and Nixon was for resign for lying.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Mark and Kim Smith
January 14th 04, 09:22 PM
B2431 wrote:

>>From: "George Z. Bush"
>>

>>The significance of that glitch is that he must have been speaking with
>>forked tongue during his election campaign, which meant that he was willing to
>>

>lie to the voters in order to earn their support. And if that's not true, then
>he's
>

>>lying now in claiming an early need for regime change in Iraq.
>>
>>It's got to be one or the other.....you can't have it both ways.
>>Truthfulness does not seem to be one of our President's virtues.
>>
>>George Z.
>>

>Or any other president so why bother bringing it up?
>
>Our last one was impeached for lying and Nixon was for resign for lying.
>
>Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Hmmm, maybe nothing ever changes?!? Once a president says something, it
is set in stone?!? Where I'm at, priorities change on a daily basis.
Lying is one thing, priority changes are a completely different thing.

Alan Minyard
January 15th 04, 06:34 PM
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:34:17 +1100, David Bromage > wrote:

>Hugo S. Cunningham wrote:
> > Were we going to buy political ads on Iraqi television asking Iraqi
> > voters to vote against Saddam at the next election?
>
>Anything is for sale. Just depends how much you are prepared to spend.
>
>You could have easily offered Saddam, Uday and Qusay a 9 or 10 figure
>sum in a Swiss bank account of their choice on condition they sod off to
>some tropical island and stay there. That would have cost less than the war.
>
>Cheers
>David

That is not how megalomaniacal dictators operate

Al Minyard

Alan Minyard
January 17th 04, 02:49 PM
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:13:59 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote:

>"John Mullen" > wrote in message
>>
>> If it was only one country, you'd be right. But since the Monroe
>> Doctrine, you've been regularly invading other countries in the name of
>> Freedom and Democracy, often leaving them less free and less democratic
>> than before. I can provide a list if you like, but I'm sure that you
>> know what I'm talking about. That is a definition of Empire.
>>

>I don't know what you're talking about. Please provide that list.

He must be thinking of all of the troops we sent to "invade" the UK
1n 1943-44.

Al Minyard

Google