PDA

View Full Version : 65 years ago today Ike takes command

ArtKramr
January 16th 04, 01:10 PM
65 years ago today. It is 1944 and General Eisenhower takes command in London
of the Allied invasion force during WW II It is the beginning of the end for
Germany.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Gene Storey
January 16th 04, 01:25 PM
"ArtKramr" > wrote
> 65 years ago today. It is 1944 and General Eisenhower takes command in London
> of the Allied invasion force during WW II It is the beginning of the end for
> Germany.

Germany still exists today?? Do you mean the end of the Reich, or is this just
another "I'll never forgive the Germans" message from the Kramer archives?

ArtKramr
January 16th 04, 01:33 PM
>Subject: Re: 65 years ago today Ike takes command
>From: "Gene Storey"

>Germany still exists today?? Do you mean the end of the Reich, or is this
>just
>another "I'll never forgive the Germans" message from the Kramer archives?

It is the beginning if the end of the war. An important matter to those of us
who were effected by the war. A matter of no consequence to those who weren't ,
But I am sure you knew that all along.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Lyle
January 16th 04, 09:46 PM
On 16 Jan 2004 13:33:28 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: 65 years ago today Ike takes command
>>From: "Gene Storey"
>
>>Germany still exists today?? Do you mean the end of the Reich, or is this
>>just
>>another "I'll never forgive the Germans" message from the Kramer archives?
>
>It is the beginning if the end of the war. An important matter to those of us
>who were effected by the war. A matter of no consequence to those who weren't ,
>But I am sure you knew that all along.
>

>Arthur Kramer
>344th BG 494th BS
> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
>Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
>http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

ww2 didnt even start yet. 65 years ago would put it at January 16,
1939, and Ike was probably still a Lt. Col. if not Col. probably more
like 61 years ago.

Steven P. McNicoll
January 16th 04, 10:27 PM
"ArtKramr" > wrote in message

> 65 years ago today. It is 1944 and General Eisenhower takes command
> in London of the Allied invasion force during WW II It is the beginning
> of the end for Germany.

Is this the New Math?

ArtKramr
January 16th 04, 10:30 PM
>Subject: Re: 65 years ago today Ike takes command
>From: "Steven P. McNicoll"
>Date: 1/16/04 2:27 PM Pacific Standard Time
>

>"ArtKramr" > wrote in message
>>
>> 65 years ago today. It is 1944 and General Eisenhower takes command
>> in London of the Allied invasion force during WW II It is the beginning
>> of the end for Germany.
>>

>Is this the New Math?

Oooooops. Sorry 'bout that. (sigh)

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

M. H. Greaves
January 18th 04, 07:44 AM
yep, and he would have been with mcArthur in the pacific. Phillipines to be
more precise.
"Lyle" > wrote in message
> On 16 Jan 2004 13:33:28 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:
>
> >>Subject: Re: 65 years ago today Ike takes command
> >>From: "Gene Storey"
> >
> >>Germany still exists today?? Do you mean the end of the Reich, or is
this
> >>just
> >>another "I'll never forgive the Germans" message from the Kramer
archives?

> >It is the beginning if the end of the war. An important matter to those
of us
> >who were effected by the war. A matter of no consequence to those who
weren't ,
> >But I am sure you knew that all along.
> >

> >Arthur Kramer
> >344th BG 494th BS
> > England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
> >Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
> >http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
>
> ww2 didnt even start yet. 65 years ago would put it at January 16,
> 1939, and Ike was probably still a Lt. Col. if not Col. probably more
> like 61 years ago.

Google