January 16th 04, 08:34 PM
Second wing activated at Ramstein Air Base

(EXCERPT) , By Marni McEntee, Stars and Stripes European edition,
Friday, January 16, 2004

RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany — In a rare occurrence in the Air Force,
one wing became two at Ramstein as the new 435th Air Base Wing was
activated and a new commander took the reins.

With the simple phrase, “Sir, I assume command,” Brig. Gen. Rosanne
Bailey took control of the new wing in a ceremony presided over by
Maj. Gen. Michael W. Wooley, 3rd Air Force commander.

The 435th will provide base support functions at Ramstein, the key
airlift hub for the U.S. European Command. Bailey also will command
the Kaisersl...

U.S. and friendly nation laws prohibit fully reproducing
copyrighted material. In abidance with our laws this report
cannot be provided in its entirety. However, you can read it
in full today, 16 Jan 2004, at the following URL. (COMBINE
the following lines into your web browser.) The
subject/content of this report is not necessarily the
viewpoint of the distributing Library. This report is provided
for your information and discussion.

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=19863

---------------------------
Otis Willie
Associate Librarian
The American War Library
http://www.americanwarlibrary.com

Pete
January 16th 04, 10:45 PM
"Otis Willie" > wrote in message
> Second wing activated at Ramstein Air Base
>
> (EXCERPT) , By Marni McEntee, Stars and Stripes European edition,
> Friday, January 16, 2004
>
> RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany - In a rare occurrence in the Air Force,
> one wing became two at Ramstein as the new 435th Air Base Wing was
> activated and a new commander took the reins.

And so we come full circle.
It USED to be two wings. One for operations, and one for everything else.
Then came "One base, one Wing" concept in 1990(?). Everything united under
one BG.

Pete

C Knowles
January 17th 04, 02:01 AM
It (One base, one Wing) was a stupid idea then, it's a stupid idea now.
Looks like it is following the composite wing.
Curt

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Otis Willie" > wrote in message
> > Second wing activated at Ramstein Air Base
> >
> > (EXCERPT) , By Marni McEntee, Stars and Stripes European edition,
> > Friday, January 16, 2004
> >
> > RAMSTEIN AIR BASE, Germany - In a rare occurrence in the Air Force,
> > one wing became two at Ramstein as the new 435th Air Base Wing was
> > activated and a new commander took the reins.
>
> And so we come full circle.
> It USED to be two wings. One for operations, and one for everything else.
> Then came "One base, one Wing" concept in 1990(?). Everything united under
> one BG.
>
> Pete

IBM
January 17th 04, 06:18 AM
"Pete" > wrote in
:

> "Otis Willie" > wrote in message

[snip]

Pete:

I don't mind you commenting on der Willie's spewings but could
you not attribute to him please. Its not his material anyhow
so you wouldn't be treading on his prerogatives and I'm sure
the effort on your part to cut him out would be appreciated.
Lord knows he's many multiple entries in my bozo file.

IBM

BUFDRVR
January 17th 04, 02:03 PM
>It (One base, one Wing) was a stupid idea then, it's a stupid idea now.
>Looks like it is following the composite wing.

Soon, all remnants of McPeak's term as CoS will be gone. His legacy erased in
under a decade.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

Ragnar
January 17th 04, 05:23 PM
"BUFDRVR" > wrote in message
> >It (One base, one Wing) was a stupid idea then, it's a stupid idea now.
> >Looks like it is following the composite wing.
>
> Soon, all remnants of McPeak's term as CoS will be gone. His legacy
erased in
> under a decade.

One decade too long.

Google