PDA

View Full Version : F-14 and F/A-18 fly-by video

Ditch
January 18th 04, 06:55 AM
http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=f18-flyby.htm

Anyone have the story on this one? Kinda cool...

-John
*You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North
American*

John Carrier
January 18th 04, 12:50 PM
Looks like someone modified another video that was an F-14 flyby ... look at
the video frame by frame enlarged. I seem to recall the same sequence +
audio with a single F-14. Biggest problem with the video is that the F-18
(unmodified to blue angel specs) has an inverted time limit for oil pressure
on the engines.

R / John

"Ditch" > wrote in message
> http://www.strategypage.com/gallery/default.asp?target=f18-flyby.htm
>
> Anyone have the story on this one? Kinda cool...
>

> -John
> *You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or
North
> American*

Scott Ferrin
January 18th 04, 02:40 PM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:50:20 -0600, "John Carrier" >
wrote:

>Looks like someone modified another video that was an F-14 flyby ... look at
>the video frame by frame enlarged. I seem to recall the same sequence +
>audio with a single F-14. Biggest problem with the video is that the F-18
>(unmodified to blue angel specs) has an inverted time limit for oil pressure
>on the engines.
>
>R / John

*sigh* No offense, but why is it that just about the first thing
anybody says these days in response to an interesting video is "they
must have edited it on a computer"? Occam's Razor. That stretch
where they fly in front of the sun would be particulary difficult to
get looking that realistic. Just look at any of Hollywood's f/x
movie's. It's pretty easy to spot the difference between real and
CGI.

Pete
January 18th 04, 03:54 PM
"John Carrier" > wrote in message
> Looks like someone modified another video that was an F-14 flyby ... look
at
> the video frame by frame enlarged. I seem to recall the same sequence +
> audio with a single F-14. Biggest problem with the video is that the F-18
> (unmodified to blue angel specs) has an inverted time limit for oil
pressure
> on the engines.
>
> R / John

Not the same at all.

The solo F-14 ( http://www.amberbock.net/Video/superflyby.mpeg ) is
1. Lower (even with, or slightly lower than the deck)
2. Showing a visible wake on the water
3. Going between two ships
4. Sun in completely different position
5. Far fewer and different people in the shot
6. Fewer A/C parked on deck

Pete

Google