PDA

View Full Version : Tupolev 1935

andreas g
January 20th 04, 02:19 PM
I am looking for the name of an Tupolev aircraft, build around 1935,
three seat, engine M-58 with 850hp, recon, lowwing, which i found in B Arct
book 'All the worlds
aircraft 58'. A prototyp of ANT-51?

Any clue?

andreas

JasiekS
January 22nd 04, 07:42 AM
Użytkownik "andreas g" > napisał w wiadomości
> I am looking for the name of an Tupolev aircraft, build around 1935,
> three seat, engine M-58 with 850hp, recon, lowwing, which i found in B
Arct
> book 'All the worlds
> aircraft 58'. A prototyp of ANT-51?
>
> Any clue?
>
> andreas

You are probably speaking about ANT-40.1 with Wright-Cyclone radial
engines - the first prototype of the later SB bomber. On the page
http://www.ctrl-c.liu.se/misc/ram/index.html you can find index of early
Russian (tsar epoch) and Soviet aircraft. The site seems to be updated for
the last time in July of 1999. There is no mention about M-58 engine so I
suspected a typo (there was ANT-35 from 1936 powered by M-85 engine, a
licence built Gnome-Rhone Mistral-Major 14Krsd). Other source ('Handbuch der
Luftfahrt Jahrgang 1939' by W. von Lanfsdorff, J.F. Lehmans Verlag) has a
short entry on 'MJ-13 (A.N.T. 40) 1934' where I found that M-58 were
watercooled 12-cyllinder V-motors which resembles rather Hispano-Suiza
12Yrds of the second prototype ANT-40.2. The site is relying mainly on a
two-volume book by V.B. Shavrov 'History of aircraft construction in the
USSR', ISBN 5-217-02528-X. I don't know who is right. I assume that Shavrov
is more credible in this area.

ANT-51 (the later Su-2 or BB-1) was designed by P.O. Sukhoy under general
supervision of A.N. Tupolev. The works started in 1937 and aircraft was
fitted with M-62 (later with M-87A) engines.

Regards
JasiekS
Warsaw, Poland

PS. Was it the book by Bohdan Arct? Do you read in Polish?

andreas g
January 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
"JasiekS" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Użytkownik "andreas g" > napisał w wiadomości
> > I am looking for the name of an Tupolev aircraft, build around 1935,
> > three seat, engine M-58 with 850hp, recon, lowwing, which i found in B
> Arct
> > book 'All the worlds
> > aircraft 58'. A prototyp of ANT-51?
> >
> > Any clue?
> >
> > andreas
>
> You are probably speaking about ANT-40.1 with Wright-Cyclone radial
> engines - the first prototype of the later SB bomber. On the page
> http://www.ctrl-c.liu.se/misc/ram/index.html you can find index of early
> Russian (tsar epoch) and Soviet aircraft. The site seems to be updated for
> the last time in July of 1999. There is no mention about M-58 engine so I
> suspected a typo (there was ANT-35 from 1936 powered by M-85 engine, a
> licence built Gnome-Rhone Mistral-Major 14Krsd). Other source ('Handbuch
der
> Luftfahrt Jahrgang 1939' by W. von Lanfsdorff, J.F. Lehmans Verlag) has a
> short entry on 'MJ-13 (A.N.T. 40) 1934' where I found that M-58 were
> watercooled 12-cyllinder V-motors which resembles rather Hispano-Suiza
> 12Yrds of the second prototype ANT-40.2. The site is relying mainly on a
> two-volume book by V.B. Shavrov 'History of aircraft construction in the
> USSR', ISBN 5-217-02528-X. I don't know who is right. I assume that
Shavrov
> is more credible in this area.
>
> ANT-51 (the later Su-2 or BB-1) was designed by P.O. Sukhoy under general
> supervision of A.N. Tupolev. The works started in 1937 and aircraft was
> fitted with M-62 (later with M-87A) engines.
>
> Regards
> JasiekS
> Warsaw, Poland
>
> PS. Was it the book by Bohdan Arct? Do you read in Polish?

Pozdrawiam z Monachium,

yes i have a copy of Arct book from '64 ant there is an entry

Tupolev R-7 1935

Samolot liniowy, trzy- lub czteromiejscowy
dolnopłat, silnik M-58 o mocy 850 KM, pod-
wozie chowane w locie, konstrukcja metalowa,
kabiny zakryte. Uzbrojenie 1 działko 25 mm
oraz 3 kaemy, udźwig bomb 400 kG. Pręd-
kość maksymalna 380 km/h, pułap praktycz-
ny 8600 m, zasięg 1000 km.

translated , three / four seater, observer, lowwing ,one M-58 850hp,
undercarriege turned in, metal construction, cabin enclosed,1 25mm gun and 3
mg
400kg bombs, max speed 380km/h, ceiling 8600m, range 1000km.

so the point is , false or fiction?

by the way, RAM webpage is very impressive, but sometimes their are
different stories, from different sources.
and a search on his webpage did not find any m-58 engine at all.

I also tried to get a copy of Shavrov book but no chance.

Nemecek and Nowarra also didn't helped me out.

By the way, as i looking for a cheap domain in poland, can you help me out?
I found a german provider offering for 7euro a year, sql,perl,50mb but a .de
domain.

andreas

Google