PDA

View Full Version : Farmer C Mig19 question

andreas g
January 23rd 04, 03:17 PM
On the Linden Hill web side www.lindenhillimports.com\bilek.htm i found a
box picture with MiG-19S
declared as Farmer A?
I always thought Farmer A is the MiG-19 / MiG-19F version?

andreas g

Jim Doyle
January 26th 04, 01:59 AM
"andreas g" > wrote in message
> On the Linden Hill web side www.lindenhillimports.com\bilek.htm i found a
> box picture with MiG-19S
> declared as Farmer A?
> I always thought Farmer A is the MiG-19 / MiG-19F version?
>
> andreas g

The first production MiG-19s were indeed Farmer As. These had a serious
problem with horizontal stabiliser flutter, and this was solved by adding
anti-flutter weights to the tips of a new all-moving tailplane from the 'S'
onwards. The Farmer B (MiG-19P) was an all weather version of the MiG-9S
with scanner/radome on the intake splitter. I think the caption is likely
quite correct to identify the 'S' as Farmer A. Anyway, on the same site at
the bottom of the page the 19S is listed Farmer C!

As for the MiG-19F, this was re-engined for the AM-9 (F is from the Russian
word for afterburner - Foursaz, or something like that) and I think they
added ventral airbrakes, this was the Farmer C.

I wouldn't put my future morgage on that being totally right, but I hope it
answers your question,

Cheers, Jim Doyle

Google