PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere Travel Companion: any pireps?

Paul Tomblin
May 4th 08, 11:09 PM
http://www.anywheremap.com/detail.aspx?ID=220
Looks like a nifty device. Has anybody tried one, and how do they like
it?

I note the price list mentions a subscription to software and database
updates. How necessary is that? I never updated my Garmin 195 except
once at Oshkosh, and I haven't updated my 296 yet either.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://blog.xcski.com/
"Integration by parts -- a very powerful technique."

Gig 601Xl Builder
May 5th 08, 02:23 PM
Paul Tomblin wrote:
> http://www.anywheremap.com/detail.aspx?ID=220
> Looks like a nifty device. Has anybody tried one, and how do they like
> it?
>
> I note the price list mentions a subscription to software and database
> updates. How necessary is that? I never updated my Garmin 195 except
> once at Oshkosh, and I haven't updated my 296 yet either.

Aviation Consumer that came in the mail last week had a very short
sidebar on it in the Garmin v. Anywhere Map comparison they did.

Google