PDA

View Full Version : Avmap EKP-IV and XM weather/data

May 9th 08, 07:35 PM
Just got off the phone with Avmap and here's their lastest:

It will be a separate XM box and antenna that interfaces to the EKP-IV
through the serial port.

The XM box is "small" (no dimensions given) and can be stached anywhere.

No mention of whether the XM box has it's own power cable or gets
it's power from the EKP-IV.

The price will be in the $600 ballpark and available in 6 to 8 weeks
unless something goes wrong in the final testing (TFR data was mentioned
as still being under test) and the building of their special serial
interface cables.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Jay Honeck[_2_]
May 10th 08, 02:46 PM
> The price will be in the $600 ballpark and available in 6 to 8 weeks
> unless something goes wrong in the final testing (TFR data was mentioned
> as still being under test) and the building of their special serial
> interface cables.

Cool. Sounds like an OSH intro.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

NW_Pilot
May 10th 08, 10:00 PM
If they need serial cables built I know many places that can do molded
cables cheap with better quality then the ones that came factory from avmap.

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
>> The price will be in the $600 ballpark and available in 6 to 8 weeks
>> unless something goes wrong in the final testing (TFR data was mentioned
>> as still being under test) and the building of their special serial
>> interface cables.
>
> Cool. Sounds like an OSH intro.
> --
> Jay Honeck