PDA

View Full Version : Re: What would you buy with a 50k budget?

dlevy
May 27th 08, 02:23 AM
I have a '68 Musketeer, 160 hp, two 170's, backup AI, ifr, and am selling
for 20k. 200 smoh. ECI Titan cylinders....

Cheap planes are out there.

" > wrote in message
On May 17, 5:24 am, Kirk Ellis wrote:
> A fellow pilot/friend and I have been knocking around the idea of
> doing a 2-way partnership on an aircraft next summer. I have had my
> ticket since 1998 although I have only 150 some odd hours total. My
> friend has about half that. Relatively speaking we still consider
> ourselves newbie "students" but have this overwhelming desire to
> become the best pilots possible and that requires lots of practice.
>
> To that end we think that the best way is to have an aircraft that is
> ready on a moments notice for us. We live in northern Florida and what
> is particularly difficult for us as VFR only pilots is caused by the
> whims of the weather. If we rent, we don't have the flexibility to
> wake up one morning, see that it's not raining or threatening to and
> be able to make the decision then and there to go flying. That's a
> benefit we can't get from the flight school we normally rent from
> which in in our recent experience has been in the Archer III.
>
> So we are going to be looking for a plane that will fit a 50k budget.
> We know we can find a decent 150 or 152 for less than that, and have
> talked about a two seater being adequate for us to gain experience and
> build time. But we also have dreams of doing some cross country flying
> like from JAX to the Keys or we have even dicussed how awesome it
> would be to be able to fly to central Texas where we both have
> relatives to visit. For that, I am thinking a 4-seater would be best,
> and besides there might be some times when we want to go get that $100
> burger with another friend or 2. I think we'd like to go for something
> not any older than say 30 or 32 years..circa 1976 - 1978 or newer.
>
> So we have begun our journey which will hopefully culminate next
> summer with us being able to say we are aircraft owners.
>
> But to the question as indicated in the subject line. What would you
> buy if all you had was 50k and what criteria would you apply to base
> that decision? I know there will be many opinions and that's fine. It
Then I saw a flyer hanging on the bb at KFNL.

63 musketeer, 160 hp Lycoming, 150 SMOH, 2X Mk12Ds, $30K. Looked
fairly good in the picture.

One 430 away from a very decent panel.

Have no idea what the condition is.

Bill Hale

> will be interesting to see what we might be able to afford with that
> budget.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kirk Ellis
> PPL-ASEL

jonas mitter
May 27th 08, 06:48 PM
On Mon, 26 May 2008 20:23:09 -0500, dlevy wrote:

> I have a '68 Musketeer,

Is it melted?
--
http://www.lizardkinglounge.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1515