PDA

View Full Version : ILS approach Greenville MS - Video

June 7th 08, 05:33 PM
My flight to Greenville MS yesterday. ILS approach 18 left with 2100
foot ceilings and a visual back to Madison..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Hdcs669Dg

Interesting approach to say the least. Note the ground speed on
final. 200 feet AGL winds were right off the nose at 35 knots which
makes final loooonger and slooooower. First time I have ever used the
60 knot timing on the approach plate.

Back at Madison, winds were not quite that strong, about 25 to 30
knots 200 feet AGL again right off the nose.

Yeah, I C a typo on the density altitude. Should be one thousand
niner hundred, not thousand.

Nice thing about these videos is I get to really enjoy the scenery
which is what I miss when actually flying the plane during the
approach!

Google